members

online now

discussions

Error Code &

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (3,739 Views)

Error Code &

Hello - I recently (about a month ago) got a new cable box. I set it up according to the directions, had Comcast check it and they said the signal was good. When I pressed the "On Demand" button on the remote, however, I got Error Code 7. I spoke with a Comcast person 3 seperate times that day and the next. They said a I would have to have someone come to the house. But I've been in the hospital since. Now that I'm home I'd really like to use this TV. I have On Demand in another room and it works fine so I'm wondering what the problem is and if someone can help me do this myself. Thank you so much. V

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 3 (3,733 Views)

Re: Error Code 7

The Comcast forum administrator has been informed, and may be able to assist you Monday.  See this thread for a similar problem he helped with.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Retired Administrator

Message 3 of 3 (3,659 Views)

Re: Error Code &

vjvilkas wrote:

Hello - I recently (about a month ago) got a new cable box. I set it up according to the directions, had Comcast check it and they said the signal was good. When I pressed the "On Demand" button on the remote, however, I got Error Code 7. I spoke with a Comcast person 3 seperate times that day and the next. They said a I would have to have someone come to the house. But I've been in the hospital since. Now that I'm home I'd really like to use this TV. I have On Demand in another room and it works fine so I'm wondering what the problem is and if someone can help me do this myself. Thank you so much. V

Error 7 does not require a technician's visit unless troubleshooting doesn't resolve the problem.  Did the agent troubleshooting with you advise you to powercycle the converter? Please review this link and follow the troubleshooting steps - http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Video-On-Demand/Video-On-Demand-Troubleshooting/td-p/864609

Please let us know if this works for you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin