New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Episodes of current season are not all there

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I would like to know why not all episodes of the current season of some shows (The Blacklist, for example) are not on OnDemand. I was recording the whole season to watch when I had the time and only the last four are recorded and the previous episodes are not on OnDemand.

What the heck am I paying a bunch of money every month for if I can't watch what I paid for???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4
Solution

It's up to the network or media company as to how much to leave available. Typically, only the last 3-4 episodes of a current season will be available. Even if it's Comcast-owned NBC, they have to be treated just like any other company. Plus, the production company or even writers/actors/producers may have restrictions.

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4
Solution

It's up to the network or media company as to how much to leave available. Typically, only the last 3-4 episodes of a current season will be available. Even if it's Comcast-owned NBC, they have to be treated just like any other company. Plus, the production company or even writers/actors/producers may have restrictions.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

andyross wrote:

... Typically, only the last 3-4 episodes of a current season will be available. Even if it's Comcast-owned NBC, they have to be treated just like any other company...

Since when do they do that? I've had Comcast for years and it's only been in the last year or so that they are demanding $2.99 for episodes of past seasons. Even if the season just ended! This is the first time I've experienced them removing episodes of current seasons. This is not right! 
! I'm just going to have to cut the cord, get digital antenna, Slingbox or something. If I can't watch want I want to watch when I want to watch it, what's the point of paying so much to comcast for cable???

andyross wrote:

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hello Ronboret, the information that @andyross is correct. It is up to the network that airs the show to allow this content to be viewed on demand. If you would like this content added back to your on demand menu please reach out to the network directly.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon