Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Nationwide Outage in progress

New Poster

Comcast Nationwide Outage in progress

There is a nationwide outage with Comcast. I got a "subscription required" message when trying to watch On Demand shows so I called Comcast. That was the answer I received. They said the outage should be over at 4:30 pm pst. Type in Comcast Nationwide Outage into Google and you'll find a bunch of info on the outage. Some Comcast employees are aware of it, others are not. Comcast website does not discuss the outage, nor did automated phone line (which surprised the cs rep I spoke with). Comcast needs to get their stuff together and keep their customers informed.
Service Expert

Re: Comcast Nationwide Outage in progress

dhahrangirl wrote:
There is a nationwide outage with Comcast. I got a "subscription required" message when trying to watch On Demand shows so I called Comcast. That was the answer I received. They said the outage should be over at 4:30 pm pst. Type in Comcast Nationwide Outage into Google and you'll find a bunch of info on the outage. Some Comcast employees are aware of it, others are not. Comcast website does not discuss the outage, nor did automated phone line (which surprised the cs rep I spoke with). Comcast needs to get their stuff together and keep their customers informed.

The "subscription" notice has nothing to do with an outage.  What that means is that the particular channel you are trying to view is not in your tier and in order to be able to watch that channel you would need to upgrade to that tier at an increased cost.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Comcast Nationwide Outage in progress

Incorrect. Comcast confirmed that the subscription message was a part of the On Demand outage.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation