New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CBS & HBO On Demand Programs Not Available

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1 of 2

Knew it was too good to be true. And it was. On Demand had been working the way it’s supposed to for the past several weeks, but once again it appears that people too incompetent to work at the White House have been hired and put in charge of Xfinity On Demand, specifically, three programs from Sunday, April 9 (given their history, I suspect that there are more shows from Sunday). And the On Demand problems fall into a familiar pattern. First, CBS’s Elementary (S5 Ep 19) can only be watched at times Comcast wants, not On Demand, directing all to other times the show is available. Same problem with HBO’s Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (S4 Ep 8). Only the time Comcast wants one to watch. And finally, a screw-up oldie but goodie, CBS’s Madame Secretary (S3 Ep 18). It’s not even showing up on On Demand. So I can only surmise that someone will say that “the dog ate my On Demand manual” to justify their failure to understand what On Demand means, but here we go again. Please try to follow along: 1) Show is broadcast; 2) show is available on On Demand. Please get someone who knows what they’re doing to straighten this out (and maybe put an end to it forever by having a procedures guide outlining the process of a show becoming available on On Demand). And if the shows are made available, please try to put the HD version up (since we’re paying for that), and not the SD version only (another oldie but goodie).

1 REPLY
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 2

same problem here- i have been wanting to watch John Oliver ...immediately but each time it only gives the option to record. highly annoying