Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Box acting up

New Poster

Box acting up

So my cable box started acting up; Sunday when when I first turned it on I got a blank black creen and it took several seconds or sometimes minutes for the picture to appear. I can't change channels, access the guide, or program info. I cannot access my DVR nor watch anything on demand. I have spoken to Comcast, they say the box is bad and that they can't "see" it to send reset signals. Unplugging to 10 seconds or more does nothing. The next day it was working fine, no problems at all. Today it's back to being a pain in the rear. I also have Internet and no issues there. I had ths problem last month and they sent me a new box but I didn't want it because it didn't have the voice search feature on the remote that came with it. It it possible the cable feeding the box is damaged? It runs under the house and perhaps a critter gnawed on it. I don't have the patience to wait around for a technician. I'm pondering taking the box to the local store to get a new one but I hate losing all my recorded shows.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation