Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Bought Movie Not Working Properly -- Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 8

I spent well over an hour on the phone yesterday with a representative after buying a film just released yesterday "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract." The movie runs in a foreign language -- I believe Spanish -- and we went through all the different steps to see what was causing it, yet nothing worked. It wasn't any of the settings on my TV, and I had to speak to an "upper-level" tech who also couldn't help me resolve the issue. He also told me he couldn't just refund me the movie, taking it off my account and letting me try buying it again to see if it worked because earlier that day (morning actually -- 4am), he said a film I recently purchased was refunded to me. I have no knowledge of such thing, did not call about it or seek a refund for that movie so I really don't understand.

I really would like it if this movie could be taken off my account, since it's pretty much worthless now and I spent $21.00 before taxes on it. He also said he'd keep the "ticket open," whatever that means. All in all, I'm just very upset and disappointed with this entire process -- the movie not working, the 90+ minutes spent on the phone to no avail, and then not getting refunded for a defunct-film or even a promise for it to be resolved.

I ask that you please remove this movie, "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract," from my account, so I can have a chance at watching it elsewhere without spending twice the amount on it. I buy movies all the time, and rarely have problems and if I do, an agent usually does everything possible to accommodate me and/or fix the situation. This time, I feel as if my problems were just that: my own, and good luck to me.

7 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 2 of 8

I'm experiencing the same issue right now with the exact same movie.  I actually hopped onto the forums to try and find a solution.  Kind of bummed to read that you went as far as to call and still couldn't get it figured out since I haven't even made it that far yet Smiley Sad

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 8

So it seems like a disconnect between Warners Distribution and Comcast then. Only it's been 24 hours since I've called and they haven't replied back to me with any further information, and I keep checking the film and it's the same scenario. Not that I'm happy this is happening to somebody else (I'm not), but good to know that even if they took the proper steps to Refund me the Movie, so I can Repurchase It ... looks like it wouldn't have solved anything. Wonder if they (or Warners Distribution) even knows there is a problem and if there is, if they're actually looking into it. I've got to say, I was so upset last night after I got home from a rough day and went to watch a movie that I've been looking forward to since 2008 when they FIRST tried to do a film on it ... Anyway, unfortunate you're having the same issue. Maybe you should try trouble-shooting chat (which doesn't work for me -- Comcast's Chat, for some reason, just doesn't work on my end) or even calling them -- if they realize the problem is larger than one person, perhaps they'll take the necessary steps towards fixing it. 

P.S. -- On your end, are your Extras messed up, too? Like, for instance, where it says a 10-minute look into the "Batman and Harley Quinn" movie, for me it just does ANOTHER look at Deathstroke. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 8

I have the exact same problem, with the extras too.  Very, very frustrating.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 8

Again, sorry to you as well. This is certainly not what we waited for, and shelled out good $$$ for in order to SEE this film 2 weeks prior to it's wide DVD/Blu-Ray release; but Comcast's inability to fix the issue for 3 days now is a good indicator of the problem consisting, so I'm no longer holding out any hope. I've contacted them no less than 3 separtate times, thinking if I complain and try to get this solved adamanetly enough, maybe then they'd put their resources to work but ... IDK, but I'm starting to wonder why I pay them $300/month to put up with these "happenings," and a lack of genuine care on part of the company. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 8

I am having the exact same issue right now. I purchased the movie over the weekend and it immediately started playing in Spanish. Within 10 seconds my brain started hoping the movie started with some kind of film bizarree exposition sequence showing the backstory as viewed on a Spanish news network that would hopefully make sense later. Fortunately and unfortunately, that turned out to be incorrect. I haven't been able to find any fix to the issue. I speculate this is something that is going to require action on Comcast;s end and potentially also WB's end.

As a side note: two of the "Extras" videos that came with the digital DVD do not link to the correct file. One links to a preview for Superman/Batman Public Enemies. Two are available to watch, but not by clicking the correct title name.

Edit: It is still broken as of 4/12. Anyone else have any luck?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 8

I'm still unable to get it to play in English.  I came back today hoping to see an update from somebody with how they fixed it, but that doesn't seem to be the case Smiley Sad

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 8

Same, no solution. No answers from Comcast in regards to how many calls I've placed in attempts to try to get this fixed. It is complete ... ___ Well yeah, fill in the blanks. At this point, 9 days in (about to be 10) without any solution, I doubt there ever will be one. It will certainly be the last movie I ever buy Digitally with Comcast AGAIN!