Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

All of the sudden self assigned ip with wifi on demand

New Poster

All of the sudden self assigned ip with wifi on demand

I would appreciate anyone who is able to help with a self assigned IP address as I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem anymore. I am on Mac and asst/diagnostics I see a green Wi-Fi, and a green Wi-Fi settings, and a yellow Network settings, a green ISP, and a red Internet failed and a red Server failed.  I do on-demand with my laptop at home on a monthly basis as I'm not here very often and it allows me to use my laptop other places around town. I have not had this problem before,  normally I am able to get straight onto the Internet. There are three hotspots in this building, so I can't imagine there is a problem with all three?  I have rebooted I have change location I have renamed location etc. and I still get a 169... self assigned IP address instead of the normal 10.237...  Any ideas are much appreciated thank you. 

Official Employee

Re: All of the sudden self assigned ip with wifi on demand

Hey Bumph, 

I can help you out. I'd like to review a few things on the back end to help get this resolved. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation