Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

3D On Demand movies gone??

ANSWERED
New Poster

3D On Demand movies gone??

I just returned from being away for six weeks and the On Demand movie category of "3D Movies" is gone, which bothers me because I have a 3D TV and would watch movies regularly!!  The 3D selection was rather small to begin with, but now it's missing completely!  I turned on my "3D" filter for all the movies and got the message "NO RESULTS WERE FOUND"   Did Comcast eliminate 3D films??  I know they got rid of the 3D Channel two years ago, but now this!  I called Comcast Support, but technical support person didn't have a clue about any of this!  Can anybody help??

Accepted Solution

Re: 3D On Demand movies gone??

There aren’t any 3D selections, for the remote to find, removed quite awhile ago.Year old thread closed
View answer in context
Official Employee

Brian1231 wrote:

I just returned from being away for six weeks and the On Demand movie category of "3D Movies" is gone, which bothers me because I have a 3D TV and would watch movies regularly!!  The 3D selection was rather small to begin with, but now it's missing completely!  I turned on my "3D" filter for all the movies and got the message "NO RESULTS WERE FOUND"   Did Comcast eliminate 3D films??  I know they got rid of the 3D Channel two years ago, but now this!  I called Comcast Support, but technical support person didn't have a clue about any of this!  Can anybody help??

Apologies.

Due to declining device support from consumer electronics manufacturers (Samsung no longer sells 3D TVs; LG only offers 3D on its top line TVs) and the availability of fewer titles in 3D from our content providers (including Netflix) combined with the low usage and comparatively high operational costs to maintain 3D On Demand content, we are moving towards removing the remaining 3D On Demand titles by the end of 2016.

In the meantime, you can certainly locate 3D titles with the voice remote control or access the 3D viewing option (where available) for the remaining titles that are available in 3D.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

WHERE????????????????  Go to:  On Demand - Premium Channels - HBO - HBO HD --  NO 3D Option like before??????????

Silver Problem Solver

3DTV is dying. There are not enough people actually watching it to make it worthwhile for Comcast to pay the fees necessary just to offer it, much less for each viewing.

Problem Solver

Use your 2D to 3D option under 3D menu.

It works quite well for programs filmed out-doors. HD channels like: PBS, Smithsonian. National Geographic, Nat. Geo. Wild, etc. I have used it for Tour de France, football, golf, and other sports.

Frequent Visitor

And I just bought a LGOLED55C6P 4K 3D TV... $2000.00

Frequent Visitor

LG and Sony still sell 3D TV's. 3D projectors are made by many manufacturers. HBO has the following movies in 3D On Demand. There is no decline in 3D titles. In fact, these are the most 3D titles HBO ever had offered. Thanks Comcast for trying to kill 3D.

Coraline
Everest
Fly Me To the Moon
Gods of Egypt
Jonas Brothers
Jupiter
Jurassic World
In the Heart of the Sea
Martian
Monsters vs. Aliens
Pan
Peanuts Movie
Point Break
Poltergeist
Seventh Son

Problem Solver

There is one 3D site I found on You Tube back in January 2016.

Use the You Tube search menu and type in "3DTaeuber". It might show up under "3D".

He has down-loaded a number of walks through his favorite wooded parks. They are done in all 4 seasons including a winter night walk. They have been filmed in Blu-ray 1080p 3D, 4k (2D), and now UHD (4K) 3D. He as a number of Albums labled for versions tested.

If you click on an album you can sit back and go through about 15 films taking about 1.5 hours. If your TV is set for auto ON when the film starts you just need to turn on the Real 3D glasses and the films will play 3D and momentarly stop 3D while going to next film and restart 3D.

I think you may enjoy them since in 4K 3D it will look as good as being there.

Oops!  I forgot to add that the first offering on the 4K 3D album might have been set up wrong and play badly. If that happens just hit "Select" button on remote, move selector down off time-line and select "next video". The others work fine.

Frequent Visitor

Ap;ologies.

Due to declining device support from consumer electronics manufacturers (Samsung no longer sells 3D TVs; LG only offers 3D on its top line TVs) and the availability of fewer titles in 3D from our content providers (including Netflix) combined with the low usage and comparatively high operational costs to maintain 3D On Demand content, we are moving towards removing the remaining 3D On Demand titles by the end of 2016.

In the meantime, you can certainly locate 3D titles with the voice remote control or access the 3D viewing option (where available) for the remaining titles that are available in 3D.

Great, I just bought an LG 4K 3D in large part for watching 3D movies, X-Men Apocalypse was fantastic on Comcast streaming. Many new TV's still have 3D and millions were sold over the last few years, so help us out and offer some 3D movies !

Visitor

We too have just bought a 3D tv and we're enjoying the availability of 3D titles on demand until we got back from vacation and there are none to be found! 3D is still very popular. Seems like there are always movies in 3D at our local theatres and every time we go they are packed. Being back the 3d on demand comcast!
New Poster

Well I suggest you get them back ASAP especially since I am paying you over $225 A MONTH!!! Otherwise I want my bill discounted for the remainder of my contract OR BETTER YET I WANT OUT SINCE THAT WAS THE BIGGEST REASON I came to Comcast. And I find it "funny" that when I called a few times to question where the 3D movies were, everyone I spoke to acted clueless. Maybe you should not have gone to bed with Samsung, another company that knows NOTHING about customer service!!! I mean really, WHY would you have content like the past Olympics that could only be viewed in 3D IF you owned a Samsung TV. I will cancel and gladly pay the early termination fee and GO BACK to Verizon!!!

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Comcast said go to voice control and ask for 3d movies that doesn't work
Official Employee

There aren’t any 3D selections, for the remote to find, removed quite awhile ago.Year old thread closed

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

There hasn't been any 3D movies on cable for over a years now. The ad you saw must be an old one. Don't expect to see any of this version on cable.

I have bought Real 3D movies from Best Buy as recently as 2 months ago. Movies are still coming out in Real 3D at the theaters, and I expect to see Real 3D DVD's for sale. I have 18 now.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 12 in conversation