Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tv guide on small hd boxes constantly says to be announced like it lost power but it has not

New Poster

tv guide on small hd boxes constantly says to be announced like it lost power but it has not

I have two smaller HD cable boxes and they constantly loose the programing guide.  It will say "to be announce" as if it lost power.  I know they are not loosing power as my main HD DVR does not have this problem.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: tv guide on small hd boxes constantly says to be announced like it lost power but it has not

blinne wrote:

I have two smaller HD cable boxes and they constantly loose the programing guide.  It will say "to be announce" as if it lost power.  I know they are not loosing power as my main HD DVR does not have this problem.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Slow guide data loading is typically an indication of a localized signal issue that may require a technician visit to investigate and resolve. There is no charge for the technician visit if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Seeing “To Be Announced” is not normal and should be corrected.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: tv guide on small hd boxes constantly says to be announced like it lost power but it has not

Hello, blinne. I can help get a technician scheduled to come out and investigate the issue with your cable service. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, the phone number associated with your account, and your availability so I can assist. Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation