Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

smart tv

New Poster

smart tv

I want to use my smart tv and connect to the internet, which works okay, but when Xfinity was set up, my sound bar was connected to the cable box.  Now when I access the internet, the sound still comes from the cable channel and i can't get it switched over to the internet.  I thought i could use the sound on my tv, so i shut off the sound bar and then i get a message that says something about the tv using outside speakers and to make sure they are on.  Do I need to disconnect the sound bar from the Xfinity box and plug it into the TV instead and just use that sound bar remote every time I turn on the TV?  (It was nice having it connected to Xfinity and being able to use one remote.)

Official Employee

Re: smart tv

If your tv has an audio output, run an audio cable to the sound bar. If not, go into your tv menu and turn on your speakers. If this works try to rearrange how the cable is hooked up.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: smart tv

Okay - I will try that - thank you!

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation