members

online now

discussions

remote stopped working

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

our remote stopped working after three months. We went through all the steps suggested. We talked to the service department and they made us do it all over again before they would send someone out. After half an hour they agreed that they would schedule a service person. The next day they called and said that they had run a remote test and their equipment is fine it is our problem. What the heck? We see cable company trucks on our island every day so it isn't like some onerous trip must be undertaken to get here. We rent comcast cable equipment both the box and the remote, it worked for three months now it doesn't. They have a captive audience here but customer service only goes to billing not helping. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3

vashisle wrote:

our remote stopped working after three months. We went through all the steps suggested. We talked to the service department and they made us do it all over again before they would send someone out. After half an hour they agreed that they would schedule a service person. The next day they called and said that they had run a remote test and their equipment is fine it is our problem. What the heck? We see cable company trucks on our island every day so it isn't like some onerous trip must be undertaken to get here. We rent comcast cable equipment both the box and the remote, it worked for three months now it doesn't. They have a captive audience here but customer service only goes to billing not helping. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

It might be easier for you to visit a local Service Center and swap out your non-working remote for a new one.  Service Center locations can be found using this link:  http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

thank you for your reply, however, while they have trucks here all the time a service center from us is at least one and half hours away.