New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

picture width

Highlighted
New Poster

picture width

At some point my TV/remote lost the ability to change the width of the picture. No matter what I set the control on, it will cut off parts of the left and right of the picture. The width is stretched horizontally, the people are "fat" and I miss writing that is on the left and right of the picture. I have had savy people try to fix it with the remote without success. Then recently I found that the person in the condo directly across from me is having the same problem so we wondered if it could be something wrong with the signal. Is there anyway you can fix it on your end? I can give you my account # if you need it. 

Service Expert

Re: picture width

emcdan wrote:

At some point my TV/remote lost the ability to change the width of the picture. No matter what I set the control on, it will cut off parts of the left and right of the picture. The width is stretched horizontally, the people are "fat" and I miss writing that is on the left and right of the picture. I have had savy people try to fix it with the remote without success. Then recently I found that the person in the condo directly across from me is having the same problem so we wondered if it could be something wrong with the signal. Is there anyway you can fix it on your end? I can give you my account # if you need it. 

locate your TV's remote and find the zoom menu for the TV. set it to 'normal' viewing (no zoom). with your X1 remote press exit exit exit 720 - that will put the X1 set top box in HD 720p60 mode. is the displayed image right now when viewing an HD channel? an SD channel like TV land?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation