Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

fix or replace non working boxes

New Poster

fix or replace non working boxes

Two of 5 boxes not working. One no power even after resetting. Other all lights flashing even after resetting. Can we handle without service call. Fix one box and replace other?

Service Expert

Re: fix or replace non working boxes

Eleni1 wrote:

Two of 5 boxes not working. One no power even after resetting. Other all lights flashing even after resetting. Can we handle without service call. Fix one box and replace other?

If you are referring to X1 equipment, you chose the wrong forum; if you live near an Xfinity Store, they will exchange X1 equipment at no cost to you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: fix or replace non working boxes

I would remind everyone that cable-boxes when exchanged or mailed to you are rarely new. They are refurbished boxes. That is why you never get the box the cable-box came to Comcast in.

Also; it seems there is no real quality control done to check cable-boxes when received. That is why we can actually get a bad box when exchanging. Boxes are fragile and can get damaged in shipment.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation