Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

dir

New Poster

dir

we changed modems and after hook up we got this message on our 2nd cable box when we tried to watch something saved on our dvr: 

THIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE

-Make sure the DVR feature is working properly on your main cable box.

-Check the connections on both cable boxes.

I have checked connecting cables and they are fine. How do I make sure the "DVR feature is working properly on my main cable box." By the way we made no changes to either cable box and the DVR feature is working fine on the main cable box. It is just not working on the second box.

Service Expert

Re: dir

@steve19471 wrote:

we changed modems and after hook up we got this message on our 2nd cable box when we tried to watch something saved on our dvr: 

THIS SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE

-Make sure the DVR feature is working properly on your main cable box.

-Check the connections on both cable boxes.

I have checked connecting cables and they are fine. How do I make sure the "DVR feature is working properly on my main cable box." By the way we made no changes to either cable box and the DVR feature is working fine on the main cable box. It is just not working on the second box.

If the service was working before the modem change-out, ensure the MOCA feature on the modem is ON.  Additionally, pull power from all cable boxes, power up the DVR first until it is online.  Then power up the secondary boxes until they are online.  Try again to see if the viewing is now available.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation