3 REPLIES
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-29-2015 11:28 PM

Cable Expert

Message 1 of 4 (4,069 Views)

Re: connecting a blue ray to my cable box and tv

[ Edited ]

This dead thread is from 2011.  Please start a new thread with details.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 4 (13,549 Views)

The Blu-Ray must connect directly to the HDTV with a HDMI cable to one of the HDMI inputs on the HDTV.

With the TV's remote, you would then select the proper input on the TV, the one that the Blu-Ray is connected to.  If you connected the Blu-Ray to input 4, then you would choose input 4 with the TV's remote to select the Blu-Ray player.

When you want to watch the cable box or DVR, then you would again select the right input on the TV's remote to select the input that the cable box is connected to.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 3 of 4 (15,549 Views)

The cable box shouldn't be connected to the Blu-Ray.  Just connect the Blu-Ray tothe TV (preferably using HDMI) and select the proper input to the TV when you wish to play the Blu-Ray through the TV.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 4 (13,553 Views)

connecting a blue ray to my cable box and tv

I am trying to install a blue ray player and I can't get it to work so I am not sure how to route the blue ray using the aux cables