members

online now

discussions

close captioning

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I have a problem with close captioning on one TV.  I have determined that the problem is with the cable box.  This was done by swapping TVs and the close captioning stayed with the cable box.  I only have one TV hooked to a RNG110 cable box.  The others in my home are RNG150N.  The last time I had a problem with a RNG150N I ended up getting a RNG110.  Talking to the local store in Auburn they say it is the TV, but it isn't.  The two TVs are Samsungs and when CC is selected on their remotes the message tag displayed is "not available"

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

If your TVs are connected to the boxes with HDMI, you need to enable captions on the boxes, not the TVs.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply.  The problem is that one of the boxes does have CC enabled and I have not found a way to disable nor discover how it was enabled in the first place.  This box has been used for months without CC enabled until one day it started and I would like to get rid of it.  

Contacted the local Comcast office and they say that the TVs control CC.  I proved that wrong by swapping TVs from one box to another.  The TV that had CC working does not have CC working with a different box and the reverse is true for the other TV

So how do I get the box that has CC enabled to stop?