members

online now

discussions

cable box issues

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

For the past week the two cable boxes for my TV's were not working properly.  When the tv's were on the Data light  {yellow light] was not on and the information bar only said To Be Announced. I reset the cable box's one each day and the Router twice, nothing changed Saturday night one cable box when turned on said that a it needed a cable card to correct problem. ??  I reset cable box and everything corrected itself. I had set a appointment to have it looked at because I could not correct problem.

It's strange how every thing corrected itself late Saturday night.  This problem raises it's ugly head at least one per month in one form or another, Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to correct this??

Everytime I ask someone to come out the problem disappears.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Have you checked all your cable connections between tv and cable-box? Any cable working loose from it's connector on each end?

Also check the connector coming into the home, or any connections at splitters.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi Jerry46, it sounds like your cable boxes may need to be replaced. I show that you have another cable box on the account, do you have issues with that equipment? Also can you please send me a private message with your serial numbers to the two boxes that are experiencing the problem? You can send a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and with your serial numbers can you please provide your street address and the full name on the account? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon