members

online now

discussions

any room dvr

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Do you have to have a newer dvr and or different service  for the "anyroom dvr" or is it available to anyone with the comcast dvr?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 4

The Comcast Anyroom DVR is only available in Motorola equipped markets, which is about 80% of the Comcast system.  The master DVR is a Motorola DCX3400M with a 500GB drive, and the remote boxes are Motorola DCX3200m.

The DVR is the same as the Motorols DCX3400 deployed widely except for the larger drive and MOCA capability to communicate with the remote boxes over the existing coax cable in the home.

The Anyroom equipment replaces your existing DVR and set top boxes and requires a Tech visit for installation.

All information is HERE

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 4

If there any corporate plan going forward to convert the Cisco/SA plants to Motorola?

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 4 of 4

It would be extremely doubful these days with so many expensive DVR's and set top boxes in place to pull everything out and replace it.  In the 80's & 90's they used to when boxes were cheap, but it would be rare especially in a large system. 

I could see them doing it in a small system that they would shut down the existing SA headend and tie the system to a nearby Moto headend, but there are not many area's that can be done with.  The larger the system, the less chance of it ever happening.

Most major MSO's run both brands of equipment in different areas.

You would never seen an official answer from Comcast on major equipment changes.  Comcast is concentrating on getting the new features on the SA systems, it's easier and cheaper the change the software than the hardware.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon