Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

all Channels are still coming through as protected/drm

Regular Visitor

all Channels are still coming through as protected/drm

Hi,

I have seen several threads of users experiencing this same issue where all channels are showing protected or drm and I can't watch them and a support rep says they "sent some signals that usually resolves this".

I spoke with support and they just said it's fine on their side and it's an issue with my hdhomerun prime but the hdhomerun prime can see the channels but nothing can be viewed since it shows them as drm.

any chance I could those same "signals" sent to me?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: all Channels are still coming through as protected/drm

I called in last night and a rep was able to assist me.

I explained the problem and she said she did a refresh on the cable card and then re-sent signals and everything is now working.

getting way more channels than before and now they are not coming down as copyonce.

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Attached is a screenshot of my hdhomerun prime channel lineup.

2018-05-10_1619.png

Regular Visitor

so while waiting for Comcast to respond I have been doing more troubleshooting. looks like all my channels are labeled as "protected-copyonce".

reading other forums I see sometimes somebody from billing has to change codes or something and then resend signals.

Hopefully somebody from comcast can help me here as phone support is not really helpful.

I attached a screenshot showing the issue.

2018-05-12_2251.png
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I called in last night and a rep was able to assist me.

I explained the problem and she said she did a refresh on the cable card and then re-sent signals and everything is now working.

getting way more channels than before and now they are not coming down as copyonce.