Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

adapter not working

New Poster

adapter not working

My additional room cable adapter is not working. The light does not turn on. About a year or so ago, we had the cable dude come in to do some repairs, and it worked then, but I had unplugged it for a long time (as it is in the bedroom, and the power cord for it made a horrid buzzing sound), then moved the TV & box location to other side of room, and now the box light won't even turn on. I dread the three hour chat and/phone call that this is undoubtedly going to take. Hoping one of you can think of something obvious I maybe did not notice. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: adapter not working

AnneDroyd wrote:

My additional room cable adapter is not working. The light does not turn on. About a year or so ago, we had the cable dude come in to do some repairs, and it worked then, but I had unplugged it for a long time (as it is in the bedroom, and the power cord for it made a horrid buzzing sound), then moved the TV & box location to other side of room, and now the box light won't even turn on. I dread the three hour chat and/phone call that this is undoubtedly going to take. Hoping one of you can think of something obvious I maybe did not notice. 

Sounds like the power supply is blown. Do you happen to have a second adapter to use it's power supply to test. If not, swap the adapter/power supply out at your local service center.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation