Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Remote

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Remote

Why doesn't the new style (black) remotes work with LG HDTVs. Even the tech who came out for the initial install (new house) couldn't get the remote to work properly. I have 2 LG HDTVs, one does have the old style comacst remote (silver). The old style controls the TV perfectly (sound, etc) but the new style doesn't work well at all. How do I get a hold of an old style remote?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Remote

Hi russelladam, could you please follow the link and let me know what remote you had before your current remote?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Remote

i had a lighting issue at the house, had to replace comcast box, and the tv, box replaced first, got the new black remote with it, then i bought a tv, a new lg 2017 model, and the vol control button on the remote works very unusual, i can turn the volume up, but have to wait some time to get it to work again, only seems to be the volume button.  so i cant compare before and after, 

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation