Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

New Samsung TV, model UN32M5300; new XR2 remote.

Programmed the remote with the recommended code, 10812.  By all appearances the code was accepted:  the LED flashed green twice and all buttons work. . .except for powering the TV on and off.  Volume control works, channels change, etc.  But the remote will not power the TV on or off.  I've tried resetting the remote as per the instructions, (input 9-8-1), but no difference.  The remote does turn the cable box on and off, however.  And if it matters, this is a secondary TV in a bedroom.  So this isn't an X1 box; it's the smaller one, whatever that's called.
Any suggestions?  It's a royal pain in the neck needing to use the Samsung remote the power on the TV and then using the XR2 for everything else.  Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: XR2 Remote and Samsung TV Problem

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

There’s more codes in the link above
View answer in context
Official Employee

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

There’s more codes in the link above

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Andrew, thanks for the quick reply.  I tried a few other codes and, sure enough, that was the fix.  I'm surprised because the remote worked with several of the codes, but the last code apparently was the correct one and allows full function of the XR2 remote.  Thank you.

By the way, this may not be a question you can answer but I'll ask anyway:  the Samsung remote that came with the TV, it doesn't change the channels, nor will it power on/off the cable box.  All other functions appear to be working.  Any idea why?

Official Employee

@Carbo2 wrote:

Andrew, thanks for the quick reply.  I tried a few other codes and, sure enough, that was the fix.  I'm surprised because the remote worked with several of the codes, but the last code apparently was the correct one and allows full function of the XR2 remote.  Thank you.

By the way, this may not be a question you can answer but I'll ask anyway:  the Samsung remote that came with the TV, it doesn't change the channels, nor will it power on/off the cable box.  All other functions appear to be working.  Any idea why?

The Samsung remote isn't made to and DTAs dont power on or off.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation