online now

discussions

X1 - DVR

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 301 of 1,931 (2,111 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR

What ticks me off even more is while we are all experiencing these issues tonight a shiny new X1 commercial comes on touting the wonderfulness that is the X1!
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 302 of 1,931 (2,138 Views)

Yep... New name service with the same ol' Comcast garbage... 2nd week in a row this new X1 box won't series record Sons of Anarchy. Then there's the constant hangs & delays, the remote/channel issues etc., etc.

Put this company out of business and save everyone the pain & misery of having to deal with them.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 303 of 1,931 (2,142 Views)

I too am having the problem with being unable to view a recording... same symptoms.  I tried restarting the box, but it took 25 minutes to reconnect.  Still can't play the recording.  And now my channel up and channel down keys don't do anything.  Luckily I can go into the guide and select a show and get to it that way.  Deleting a scheduled recording also doesn't work.  Hope they get these bugs fixed someday.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 304 of 1,931 (2,150 Views)

Here I sit on my couch and yet another night of X1 problems and issues are ruining my experience.

In tonight's installment, I'm trying to watch a show I recorded earlier in the day...I have clicked "Watch On DVR" several times and nothing happens. The light on the X1 will blink but nothing. I can move to the other options like delete and that works. After exiting out and going back in, "Watch On DVR" now says "Restart".

I AM SO SICK OF THIS!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 305 of 1,931 (2,218 Views)

It's a nationwide issue
Posted by
Contributor

Message 306 of 1,931 (2,250 Views)

GET OUT OF X1

Posted by
Contributor

Message 307 of 1,931 (2,255 Views)

Calling FIOS in the morning.  X1 is a scam and I refuse to pay for a service that is completely unreliable.

Lost ability to change channels on the whole house about 10:15 tonight in Phila - Comcast headquarters city.  DONE!  Been posting here for over a week with NO ANSWER.

EVERYONE SHOULD GET OUT

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 308 of 1,931 (2,259 Views)

Since getting X1 , we have not been able to record football games. I see others are having the same issue. Comcast tells me they are trying to fix this. It has been two weeks.
I suggest everyone who is having this issue, write to NBC, CBS, FOX, and ABC. Let them know. They are paying Comcast to provide these shows. Let them know. Maybe they can get Comcast to fix the DVR service with X1.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 309 of 1,931 (2,277 Views)

I'm having the exact same problems.  I just upgraded to the new X1....may have been a big mistake!  I live in Oregon.  I just spent the last 45 minutes waiting for help via the internet, finally got a rep, then after about 10 minutes of her "checking my box", I was disconnected with a message that said "your session has timed out"....very disappointed.  The tech told me they have been having a lot of software bugs.  These are big ones to me!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 310 of 1,931 (2,317 Views)

I'd like to know this, too. As I said, we recently switched from DirecTV because we didn't want the commitment of another two year contract to get Genie. However, this has been a frustrating week. Is it worth calling about any of these issues? Will Comcast at least issue credits for missed recordings and that sort of thing? To me, that's basically an outage.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-17-2013 09:32 PM

Contributor

Message 311 of 1,931 (2,330 Views)

[ Edited ]

So, when people actually get off hold, is anyone at comcast able to help you with X1 problems?

This DVR is starting to frustrate the bejeezus out of me. Two recordings on Fox Sports 1 today did not record. Last weekend I had to reboot the box to get it to show some programs that *had* recorded.

The *least* a DVR should be able to do is record the shows you set it to record, that is the point of the thing!

But beside lack-of-feature type issues, like not being able to advance the guide by a day, or set the same options for padding on recordings before and after the scheduled times, I've experience the following bugs a number of times:

--set recording does not actually record, with no error message or explanation. (I don't have any series recordings, so I haven't experienced that issue...yet)

--programs that have recorded are not visible in the saved recordings, and a reboot of the X1 is required for them to show up.

--The interface "sticks" at times--gets stuck and does not respond to requests. You could be trying to play a recording, trying to delete one, trying to set a recording...the device randomly won't respond. There's no feedback on the GUI! Ok, I'm getting the picture there's some sort of cloud backend to this thing, which seems insane to me, but ok. If the application isn't responding, give the user some feedback, some sense of progress. This is basic interface design.

--One of the satellite boxes constantly has to be rebooted so it will work. When it's not working, it won't show the guide or the Xfinity menu and will only show channels in SD. We need to reboot it several times a week.

--Colorado was getting really bad flooding and yet EAS messages weren't getting through. If they're important enough to break into the broadcasts/on demand/recording playback etc., play the message.

There's tons of other bugs people have described here I've been lucky enough not to experience, such as the output resolution resetting issue. The recording light might not always come on either, but the device is clunky enough I've not noticed if that has happened.

Is it worth calling Comcast regarding these issues? Or is the X1 a lost cause, a take it or leave it solution?

The only advantage I see in it is having more tuners. Two tuners on the old motorola was pretty poor considering what other DVR's have to offer. The interface is nicer, but not so much that I want to deal with all these other problems. I'd rather have the old interface just so I can advance the guide by a day.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 312 of 1,931 (2,336 Views)

gate1975mlm wrote:

All 3 of my X1 boxes are acting crazy tonight!

I can not tune in so many channels for some reason. And I also canot play some of my DVR recordings. This X1 box has been getting worse and worse over the last 3 weeks or so Smiley Sad

now this is the part i do not understand.  we all know the dvr is flakey, but i do see sometimes people complain about not being able to get some channels.  that is a function of the cable.  WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT????????

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 313 of 1,931 (2,340 Views)

rickcitgo wrote:
I have some questions about x1. I don't want anyroom. How many c
X1 dvr's can i have? And do I have to have all x1 boxes, or can I have 1 X1 box and keep my other dvr's and just not have x1 on them.

only your region knows this info.  it seems to be different in different.  you need to call comcast.  if you have a moto or sa/cisco dvr from comcast now, i suggest you keep one of them.  i do not see why they care if there is a mix.  they charge for each one the same anyway.  

also i would read some of this forum..................

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-17-2013 09:24 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 314 of 1,931 (2,354 Views)

[ Edited ]

All 3 of my X1 boxes are acting crazy tonight!

I can not tune in so many channels for some reason. And I also canot play some of my DVR recordings. This X1 box has been getting worse and worse over the last 3 weeks or so Smiley Sad

Posted by
Visitor

Message 315 of 1,931 (2,368 Views)

over 30 minutes here Bob. Had to go through the main Comcast number since the 877 X1 line is still busy.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 316 of 1,931 (2,388 Views)

So after calling into the help desk 4 times and getting busy signals after pressing 10 digits to get to the right menu, I now have been on hold for 40 minutes...Man do I wish I had other options beside Dish and AT&T..I wish it was an open system.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 317 of 1,931 (2,406 Views)

I am so frustrated with this system. I got the X1 yesterday and it will not update due to an "outage" so that means that I can't record anything, and now channels aren't coming in on some of my other sets.

I have been trying to call the support line since yesterday and only getting busy signals. This is not acceptable.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 318 of 1,931 (2,421 Views)

Still having issues.  When I try to record I get no confirmation and I cannot tell if recorded until the morning.  I hit record about 1000 times to make sure it records.

Now when I try to resume a recording it goes back to the channel I was watching.  If I click restart it does nothing.

Tried rebooting and disconnecting power supply..As you can guess nothing.

As Steve jobs said..The only way to make great software is to also build the hardware.  Well thats not going to happen here.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 319 of 1,931 (2,454 Views)

I have some questions about x1. I don't want anyroom. How many c
X1 dvr's can i have? And do I have to have all x1 boxes, or can I have 1 X1 box and keep my other dvr's and just not have x1 on them.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 320 of 1,931 (2,478 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR -- Surround Sound problems

I just tried that to see if my box changed and no, it stayed on surround. Watching a recording, hit pause and then play and no audio change. I have HDMI from X1 DVR to a Marantz SR7005 and HDMI out to a Panasonic TC-P65V10. Vol/mute controlled by A/V receiver as you are doing. My input on the Marantz also displays Dolby Digital. My setup is 5 speaker plus SW.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 321 of 1,931 (2,490 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR -- Surround Sound problems

I have several X1 boxes, both DVR and non-DVR, and they all have the same problem.  If I watch something that has been recorded (the only way I watch regular TV), or from On-Demand, the minute I pause or fast-forward, I lose the surround sound and it reverts back to stereo.  This happens with both a Pioneer Elite receiver and a high-end Denon receiver.  I have to go back to the X1 menu and toggle back and forth between surround and stereo audio output to get surround sound back.  Xfinity sent a technician who called the company while at my home.  The Comcast rep. admitted that it has been a known problem for sometime (as is evident from the numerous mentions of this problem on the internet for many months), but had no solution.  Very disappointing.  If anyone has the same issue and has solved it, please let me know.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 322 of 1,931 (2,541 Views)

Re: Another very strange X1 issue

Manamok, actually I don't know for sure -- have just cobbled together behavior and theories from this forum.  A couple ? months back there was a huge X1 outage on a Sunday night that lasted hours... all of their systems crashed and even this forum was deleted over that weekend.  But the indexing behavior was described by other users and that's definitely what I've seen.  It usually happens on Sunday nights when usage is highest.

Of  course, it would be helpful to have more official explanations of how all of this works (and sometimes doesn't work) but clearly that's not going to happen.

Posted by
Edited on
‎09-17-2013 12:56 PM

Most Valued Poster

Message 323 of 1,931 (2,603 Views)

[ Edited ]

sammsterling wrote:

tomopants wrote:

********problem desc here ***************

I called xfinity support, and after being on hold for 15 minutes, the tech said the troubleshooting process would kill the recording, which was not something I wanted to do. 

Is this a known issue/bug? Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks!

It seems most MAJOR HORRENDOUS bugs are known but not fixed.  it seems most annoying and hardly seems worth it to complain to anyone about over and over.  it is really bad for people who did NOT come from comcast.  at least comcast customers have the option of going back to their old useless museum pieces of DVR's, but you know what?  THEY DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.....it still is amazing that it seems to work in some places ok.....but does it really work ok anywhere?

Define OK.  Perfect no, no way.  My X1 is working a million times better than when they pushed S25 to me in March of 2011.  Horrendous.  No point in going on about that, but suffice to say bad enough that I got free DRV service until the S26 was pushed to me in April of this year.  S26 was much better but I lost  at least one series recording a week with it, usually more. There were other issues as well, necessitating hard re boots on many occasions, something I have NOT had to do so far with X1.

If one finds themselves in an area where X1 works and if it works like mine, then they are lucky puppies.  If not, well, not so good.  

Issues I continue to see with X1:

1.However I set the clock and power ring brigtness, it will go back to 4 & 2 respectivly every morning after reboot.  Not losing any sleep over this one. 

2. I have set up a series recording of the White Queen on Starz and inexplicably the last two shows did not record.  I noticed it and set them manually.  The 9/28 episode is back to showing a series recording with the three red dots.  ?????  That is two recordings out of many.  

3.  If I leave Pandora on all day to listen to my CCR channel  sometimes, not always, it will lock up and need a soft boot.  Annoying but if this is the biggest problem I have in life, I am lucky.

4.  I have noticed on occasion that the remote is slow for about a second or so, then back to normal.

On the bright side, the funny little issue I had with not being able to delete recordings at around 10PM each day is gone.  Oh, and I love the fact that the DVR is speedy even with the HD interface on.  LOL.  Sorry TIVO fan boys, I just couldn't resist.  

I too find it interesting that some of these problems seem to be region specific.   I know my area was recently upgraded with new fiber optic cable and the system itself was only installed 20 years ago.  Who knows?  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 324 of 1,931 (2,612 Views)

tomopants wrote:

********problem desc here ***************

I called xfinity support, and after being on hold for 15 minutes, the tech said the troubleshooting process would kill the recording, which was not something I wanted to do. 

Thanks!

It seems most MAJOR HORRENDOUS bugs are known but not fixed.  it seems most annoying and hardly seems worth it to complain to anyone about over and over.  it is really bad for people who did NOT come from comcast.  at least comcast customers have the option of going back to their old useless museum pieces of DVR's, but you know what?  THEY DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.....it still is amazing that it seems to work in some places ok.....but does it really work ok anywhere?

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 325 of 1,931 (2,645 Views)

How did you find out about the central indexing server outage?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 326 of 1,931 (2,660 Views)

What seems to happen according to earlier posts 10+ pages back in this monster thread is that when there is an outage (like there was here Sunday night) of their central indexing server, the programs scheduled to record do NOT appear in your "saved" list and you cannot set up new recordings.  However, the programs ARE recording so the worst thing you can do is reboot the box -- you just need to wait until the indexing service comes back online.  When it does, you will see the recordings that were supposed to record.

My frustration with Comcast is that we have to figure all of this out ourselves and that despite almost EVERY POST asking for a VERSION HISTORY WITH KNOWN BUGS the most we get is "good idea, we'll submit."   The benefit to Comcast of publishing a list with at least the major bugs is that it would reduce calls, emails and customer frustration since we would know "Ok, it's a known issue, they are working on it."  Yet our pleas continue to be ignored....

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 327 of 1,931 (2,687 Views)

Titanic1701 wrote:

I have "Justified" set up as a season pass with no repeats on TNT. Last night I was browsing the guide and saw that CSI: NY had the 3 empty circles next to it. This indicates that a series pass is setup for that show, and that it will not record. Well, I never did set up a series recording for CSI: NY. Upon further investigation, that CSI: NY was airing on TNT and its episode name was... wait for it... wait for it... "Justified". So, the X1 took my season pass of "Justified" and attached itself to an episode of CSI: NY named "Justified". What the HECK?

I have another strange issue to relate - last night we set up to record "Dancing with the Stars" @ 8, the 11 PM local news and the Letterman show @11:35 - all on the same channel.  All three recordings were set at the same time in the same way.  No problem with "DWTS" - the red recording light came on at 8 and the show recorded properly.

At 11 there was no recording light nor was there one at 11:35 and no listing for either the news or Letterman in the list of "Recordings."  We cursed a bit at the machine and went to bed.

Shazaam - this morning both the 11 PM news and Letterman are sitting in my list of recordings.  Where were these recordings last night when I was looking for them?

There are many things to like about the X1 system when it works properly but the most aggravating thing about it is the uncertainty that what you want to happen will happen.  It just requires too much freakin' babysitting.

PS - I noticed you posted the same story on the A/V forum.

Posted by
Regular Contributor
Message 328 of 1,931 (2,718 Views)

Another very strange X1 issue

I have "Justified" set up as a season pass with no repeats on TNT. Last night I was browsing the guide and saw that CSI: NY had the 3 empty circles next to it. This indicates that a series pass is setup for that show, and that it will not record. Well, I never did set up a series recording for CSI: NY. Upon further investigation, that CSI: NY was airing on TNT and its episode name was... wait for it... wait for it... "Justified". So, the X1 took my season pass of "Justified" and attached itself to an episode of CSI: NY named "Justified". What the HECK?

Posted by
Regular Contributor
Message 329 of 1,931 (2,722 Views)

tomopants wrote:

I'm having issues with watching a recording with the Anyroom DVR. I'm currently trying to watch a program that is being recorded on the main box (box A) from a secondary box in the home (box . It is a long program (3+ hours) and is set to extend the recording by an extra 5 minutes. The recording was about an hour in (so incomplete) when I began to watch from the start from box B. I watched about the first 10 or so minutes, and then began to fast forward. When I fast forwarded, the program returned back to the start of the recording. I attempted to do this again, and I'm able to get about 6-7 minutes into the recording until it returns me to the beginning. The "page up" 5 minute advance has the same problem, as when I get to the 10 minute mark, it returns me to the start. 

I have other long and short form programs prerecorded on the DVR that do not have this issue. 

Thanks!

As far as what happens on my X1, if a program is extended, I cannot view until recording is finished. I always extend Phillies games by 2 hours. And ever since about 3 weeks ago, I was not able to view these recordings until they were finished. So, last night I tested something. I did NOT extend the Phillies game, I simply recorded the 2 seperate hour long shows that followed the game. And, guess what? I was able to view the game while it was recording. No issues at all. So, I guess this X1 has an issue with anything that has been extended.

Posted by
Regular Contributor
Message 330 of 1,931 (2,721 Views)

snowrain wrote:

Titanic1701 wrote:

C_DM wrote:

As far as a little indicator that comes up when FF/REW/PAUSE/PLAY, the issue in your case isn't really with the indicator but with the fact that it can get stuck sometimes for some reason--it shouldn't be happening and doesn't happen for most, so sounds like that's really the probelem/bug that would actually need to get worked out.

Yes, I have a huge issue with the indicator itself. It just doesn't need to be there. It gets in the way. I like to watch sports by using the 30 second skip in between plays. Well, now if I skip, it skips to the right place, just before the pitch in a baseball game, but the circled arrow indicating FF is in the way, and I can't really see the play clearly. Sure it only is on screen for a couple of seconds, but that couple of seconds is exactly when the ball is being thrown. So, I have to RW to catch that play again, and guess what? Another on screen indicator shows up for a couple of more seconds. I would find a different way to watch sports if this thing was functional. But, there really is no justification as to why it needs to be there. It is just in the way.

On the X1 box, if you hit exit while the indicator is up, it goes away with out changing anything else (fast forward, watching a recording etc).  Of course, if you don't hit it fast enough and it goes away on it's own, you are now exiting out of the show you are watching.  I use it all the time.  I don't

Hitting exit will only make the bottom popup with program info on it go away. It does not make the popup indicating FF/RW/PAUSE/PLAY go away. You have to wait for that to go away on its own. FYI, if you hit the up button (I beleive that is the correct button), the bottom popup will also go away without running the risk of hitting exit too late and stopping the program.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 331 of 1,931 (2,769 Views)

erikt311,

Options
‎09-16-2013 06:33 PM

I thought I saw in this thread fairly recently that some new update fixed the resetting to 720p issue. Can anybody confirm for me what update that is and how I can check which version I am on? Because either that version did not fix the issue for me or I never got that update. Extremely annoying. Between that and the issued with being unable to record via the app and everything else, I'm starting to feel a little duped that I ditched DirecTV.

------------------------------------------------

That was me. Knock on wood but my X1 that is simultaneously hooked up to my HDTV via Component and to my AVR via HDMI is no longer having this issue.

What is amazing to me, assuming this is fixed for everyone, is that Comcast has yet to say ANYTHING about this issue as promised by the newly departed ComcastKaraT over a month ago.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 332 of 1,931 (1,884 Views)

Re: Recording and watching football is impossible with this underpowered X1 DVR [ New ]
Options
‎09-16-2013 09:24 AM

One of my two DVRs received Build 4806 last night. The other two are still at 4722. I wonder why the other DVR and satellite didn't get the update and I wonder what was fixed?

---------------
The satellite box should be at 4722, the other dvr you can go xfinity button, to the tools on far right down to about and try to manually update. They are adding a headlines app

------------------------------------------------------------

How about Comcast work on fixing the TONS of bugs instead of adding more and more features?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 333 of 1,931 (1,898 Views)

I'm having issues with watching a recording with the Anyroom DVR. I'm currently trying to watch a program that is being recorded on the main box (box A) from a secondary box in the home (box . It is a long program (3+ hours) and is set to extend the recording by an extra 5 minutes. The recording was about an hour in (so incomplete) when I began to watch from the start from box B. I watched about the first 10 or so minutes, and then began to fast forward. When I fast forwarded, the program returned back to the start of the recording. I attempted to do this again, and I'm able to get about 6-7 minutes into the recording until it returns me to the beginning. The "page up" 5 minute advance has the same problem, as when I get to the 10 minute mark, it returns me to the start. 

I have other long and short form programs prerecorded on the DVR that do not have this issue. 

Thanks!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 334 of 1,931 (1,953 Views)

My wife is very upset with me right now.  I've been reading about X1 back when it was Xcalibur and was very excited when I found it was available in my area.  So last week we got it installed.  I love the new interface and all the features it has (when they work).  But tonight Bones did not record even though I have a series recording setup and it even showed the 3 red dots in the guide for it.  Why didn't it record?  What can I do to ensure it records?  I also noticed that Breaking Bad did not record last night.  Is this a common problem?  With the fall season beginning and all of our favorite shows coming back on not having them record is unacceptable and as far as I'm concerned a breach of contract on Comcast's side.

Please help me keep myself and wife happy with the X1.

Thanks

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 335 of 1,931 (1,972 Views)

Titanic1701 wrote:

C_DM wrote:

As far as a little indicator that comes up when FF/REW/PAUSE/PLAY, the issue in your case isn't really with the indicator but with the fact that it can get stuck sometimes for some reason--it shouldn't be happening and doesn't happen for most, so sounds like that's really the probelem/bug that would actually need to get worked out.

Yes, I have a huge issue with the indicator itself. It just doesn't need to be there. It gets in the way. I like to watch sports by using the 30 second skip in between plays. Well, now if I skip, it skips to the right place, just before the pitch in a baseball game, but the circled arrow indicating FF is in the way, and I can't really see the play clearly. Sure it only is on screen for a couple of seconds, but that couple of seconds is exactly when the ball is being thrown. So, I have to RW to catch that play again, and guess what? Another on screen indicator shows up for a couple of more seconds. I would find a different way to watch sports if this thing was functional. But, there really is no justification as to why it needs to be there. It is just in the way.

On the X1 box, if you hit exit while the indicator is up, it goes away with out changing anything else (fast forward, watching a recording etc).  Of course, if you don't hit it fast enough and it goes away on it's own, you are now exiting out of the show you are watching.  I use it all the time.  I don't

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 336 of 1,931 (1,982 Views)

I thought I saw in this thread fairly recently that some new update fixed the resetting to 720p issue. Can anybody confirm for me what update that is and how I can check which version I am on? Because either that version did not fix the issue for me or I never got that update. Extremely annoying. Between that and the issued with being unable to record via the app and everything else, I'm starting to feel a little duped that I ditched DirecTV.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 337 of 1,931 (1,984 Views)

TiredRetired wrote:

Welcome aboard Jennifer.  How are things coming along on the verson history and changlog we've been promised?  

One of the things that impressed me about X1 was the amount of updates this system has had over the year or so it has been in release.  Much better than the old system.  It would be nice to be able to keep track of the bug fixes and know exactly what each verson of X1 brings to the table for us.  It would also be nice to know the bugs that Comcast has aknowledged and is  working on.  Information is key.  

Thanx.  

Not that good of a thing.  The number of changes are because they've royally messed things up.  It seems to me (I'm a software engineer) that they are following the agile methodology and not really testing their changes.  This is a new method so companies can justify throwing software out there faster with less overhead (like test

Posted by
Visitor

Message 338 of 1,931 (1,985 Views)

It seems when I record three shows at the same time on the X1, it will be that the main box records two or none, but the other x1 box thats in the bedroom seems to be recording them, however it does not show up on the main box after recording. I can record at later times on the main box for the missed shows; I was told that there would be no problem recording multiple shows, up to four at the same time. Can't have this happen specially when breaking bad, dexter, and boardwalk empire are on at the same time o_0

Posted by
Contributor

Message 339 of 1,931 (1,989 Views)

Re: Recording and watching football is impossible with this underpowered X1 DVR

Philadelphia 4722  Have to reset at least 1ce per day or record button does not work - this whole thing is REALLY BAD.  Completely unreliable.  And to think we pay for this.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 340 of 1,931 (2,001 Views)

SFGold wrote:

I rebooted twice and still at the 4722 version.  Maybe they do this by region and West Coast is lagging?

ALSO -- the traffic app in the San Francisco area has been broken for at least a month now.  For the freeways in our area it shows incidents (the icons)  but not the "red/yellow/green" lane speed status for major freeways like 101 and 280.  I've selected other cities (Denver, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles) and the app works fine but for some reason in our area it does not.  I escalated this to level 2 and have a tech who says they are working on it.......

I'm in the Boston area and am still at 4722 as well.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 341 of 1,931 (2,004 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR - Move forward by a day on guide

RDSigrist wrote:

Moving forward and back by a day at a time is one of most requested feature to "put back".  Since there are no buttons on the remote for this, the best thing to do is do the following:

1. Hit the Guide button - the mini guide appears on the right side of the screen.

2. Hit the Right Arrow - the mini guide turns to a single channel list.

3. Hit Page Down - this jumps down about a quarter of a day.

4. Keep hitting the Page Down until you get where you want to be.

This is not as good as +/- Day, but 4 clicks per day is not too bad, in the meantime.

Not good at all.  I prefer to see the full grid to make sure everything is recording.  That is the only place where it shows you something isn't recording since they refuse to put that info in the "scheduled" section like it was on old boxes.  Of course now they show the circle with the line through it even if it isn't supposed to record.  For example it's a repeat and you've set not to record rep

Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 342 of 1,931 (2,117 Views)

ComcastJennifer wrote:

Hi baabamall,

I am sorry that you are having these problems. I will send you a private message (PM) to gather account level information, so that we can investigate and fix this issue.

Thank you.

Welcome aboard Jennifer.  How are things coming along on the verson history and changlog we've been promised?  

One of the things that impressed me about X1 was the amount of updates this system has had over the year or so it has been in release.  Much better than the old system.  It would be nice to be able to keep track of the bug fixes and know exactly what each verson of X1 brings to the table for us.  It would also be nice to know the bugs that Comcast has aknowledged and is  working on.  Information is key.  

Thanx.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 343 of 1,931 (2,125 Views)

Hi baabamall,

I am sorry that you are having these problems. I will send you a private message (PM) to gather account level information, so that we can investigate and fix this issue.

Thank you.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 344 of 1,931 (2,140 Views)

Re: Has ANYONE Resolved Their RDK-03032 Issues?

The cable I had issue with was from the wall plate to the DVR, the best is to start there and keep working backwards
Posted by
Most Valued Poster

Message 345 of 1,931 (2,157 Views)

jc369 wrote:

Just ordered the X-1, mainly because of some conflicts with programs that made the extra storage space and recording channels necessary.  How steep is the learning curve moving to the X-1 from my old DVR?  I think my old one is the 8300.  We do mostly series recordings.  Is it pretty much the same or do I have to get that degree in computer engineering I was thinking about?

Not hard to learn at all.  Obviously you are using a computer or smartphone or you would not be here posting.  It is that easy. No special degree required.

Someone posted that it would help if you happened to live in one of those areas that seem to have their stuff together and deliver an X1 solution that works.  Fortunatly for me, Vermont is one of those areas.  If you find that you do not live in those areas, you will have 30 days to find out which is plenty of time.  Good luck.  If yours works as good as mine, you will love it!!  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 346 of 1,931 (2,166 Views)

Thanks, that gives me hope!  Are you talking about the cable running from the wall to the DVR, the cable inside the wall or the cable outside the house?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 347 of 1,931 (2,179 Views)

Stunned, there is something in the cable in your house that's not letting the box communicate the way it really needs to. For x1 the forward and Return signals are crucial.in my case it was 2 pieces of cable barreled together replaced the cable and it worked fine.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 348 of 1,931 (2,191 Views)

Has ANYONE Resolved Their RDK-03032 Issues?

We had an X1 DVR and 3 little boxes installed on Friday, 9/13.  Saturday and Sunday nights between 7:45-7:50 we get the dreaded RDK 03032 error message.  Can't do anything, and after power-cycling there's just a black screen with the error message.  The first night service was down for 90 minutes, last night it was down all night.  Power cycling does nothing.  The little boxes could access On Demand during this time, but not the recorded content.  If they can get On Demand, there must be service coming into the house, right?  It was a nightmare getting through to tech support (on Saturday I was on hold for almost an hour and was then disconnected, last night I was disconnected after 55 minutes, then had to hold for another 40 before actually getting to speak to someone and schedule a tech visit.  Very aggravating!  If this is a signal issue, Comcast should have measured our signal before removing our old equipment, which worked fine.  It was back on when I got up this morning (at 6:45) and I've had it running ever since, to see if it goes out during the day at all (I'm writing this at noon and it's still working fine). 

Since I'm getting the outages only during what I assume are the busiest viewing times, I suspect that this is an issue with the signal in my area rather than my house, but who knows.  If this can't be remedied tomorrow I will either revert back to the old boxes or call DirectTV. 

I've seen this issue mentioned numerous times on this forum, but I have yet to find any solutions posted (except for the lucky people for whom power-cycling actually worked). I have a technician coming out tomorrow.  If they can fix it, what are the odds that it will actually stay fixed?  I'm really not interested in paying $190 per month to NOT watch TV.  I don't want this to drag on & on until I'm out of my 30-day grace period.

Has anyone with this issue had it resolved?

Posted by
Regular Contributor
Message 349 of 1,931 (2,262 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR - DVR Manager

RDSigrist wrote:

I have heard this several time, but have no idea how to get to the DVR Manager.  I would like to extend programs and have simply been recording the next few shows on the channel to get the extension.  It would be much better to simply extend the recording.

How do I get to the DVR Manager.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr

But beware, for any program that is extended. Once you are viewing the extended portion of the recording, you will NOT be able to resume if you stop. You will have to start at that beginning and FF back to where you were. And, lately with any program that I extend, it will not let me view the recording until it has finished recording.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 350 of 1,931 (2,313 Views)

I rebooted twice and still at the 4722 version.  Maybe they do this by region and West Coast is lagging?

ALSO -- the traffic app in the San Francisco area has been broken for at least a month now.  For the freeways in our area it shows incidents (the icons)  but not the "red/yellow/green" lane speed status for major freeways like 101 and 280.  I've selected other cities (Denver, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles) and the app works fine but for some reason in our area it does not.  I escalated this to level 2 and have a tech who says they are working on it.......