New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

X1 - DVR

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 401 of 1,931
apsales83 wrote:

IS THERE A REASON MY X1 DVR KEEPS AUTOMATICALLY CHANGING RESOLUTIONS FROM 1080P 60Hz TO 720P A COUPLE TIMES A MONTH?!? COMCAST, GET YOUR GAME TOGETHER!!

My DVR keeps doing this too, but more often than a couple times a month.  Mine changes back to 720P about twice a week.

Hopefully they know about this issue and good thing i'm not alone...

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 402 of 1,931

mmaslar wrote:

apsales83 wrote:

IS THERE A REASON MY X1 DVR KEEPS AUTOMATICALLY CHANGING RESOLUTIONS FROM 1080P 60Hz TO 720P A COUPLE TIMES A MONTH?!? COMCAST, GET YOUR GAME TOGETHER!!

My DVR keeps doing this too, but more often than a couple times a month.  Mine changes back to 720P about twice a week.

I thought it was due to the setting being lost when Comcast pushes software updates to the X1 box, but a few times a week sounds too frequent for that to be the reason. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 403 of 1,931

ebow wrote:

mmaslar wrote:

apsales83 wrote:

I thought it was due to the setting being lost when Comcast pushes software updates to the X1 box, but a few times a week sounds too frequent for that to be the reason. 

My initial thought was that it had to do with software updates as well (I was also losing my recordings when updates were pushed), but that doesn't seem to be the only time it happens.  Sometimes I notice it goes back to 720P even though the software hasn't been updated.

On another note, why aren't all of my shows recording?  Two of my shows didn't record between 7:00pm and 8:00pm last night; while two other shows did record during that time.  There shouldn't have been any conflicts since there were only two scheduled at any time (two from 7:00 to 7:30 and two from 7:30 to 8:00), and the DVR is supposed to be able to record 4 shows at a time anyway.

I hate that some shows just don't record and there's no way to know if it's going to happen.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 404 of 1,931
I had 1 new X1 DVR installed with 2 set top X1 HD boxes and want to use AnyRoom DVR however anyone with Comcast I talk with cannot understand the problem. Is it even possible with X1 platform right now? I am in Augusta, GA.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 405 of 1,931

I just asked this same question on the previous page.  The answer is - the box reverts to 720p BY DESIGN.  Apparently, Comcast engineers decided that was the best approach to make sure the user could always see a picture, even if they switch equipment because different equipment can have different maximum resolutions and frame rates. 

For me, this happens daily as I switch from X1 direct to TV watching to X1 to receiver to TV watching and back.  Every time I make the switch, the X1 reverts back to 720p and I have to manually change the setting. 

VERY ANNOYING.

This happened on the previous Motorola boxes as well but at least we had a "Native" option which meant the box wasn't doing the scaling, it would just output whatever the channel was and YOUR equipment would do the scaling which is much better in my opinion.

Now if you have one setup and never change it, I'm not sure why the box would revert to 720p unless it has to do with the fact ABC, ESPN, FOX, FX etc. are all in 720p while everything else is 1080i and even that confuses the X1.

This needs to be fixed immediately.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 406 of 1,931

Hello:

I was told that the X1 platform will automatically go to your HD stations - therefore, if a station is on 720p, would it not automatically go to HD?  I notice that when I stream it is not in HD, when before, I was able to choose HD.  I do not like not have the ability to choose. 

I have remained quiet most of the time regarding the small nuances that I see daily in the X1 platform, thinking that they just need to get the kinks out.  I hope that is what it is, as they read our posts- and make changes.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 407 of 1,931

So let me get this straight, upon reading a post I see that the non dvr box cannot pause, rewind, or fast forward shows? There's no point in getting the non dvr box then. Better off getting two x1 dvr boxes. Then again with all the problems people are having with theirs it makes me wonder if I should hold off for awhile. With Directv you can pause, rewind and fast forward on the non dvr box so why can't you with Comcast?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 408 of 1,931

I have two X1 boxes. One listed as master bedroom and the second as living room. My wife records a lot and uses the bedroom box a lot exclusively and I use the living room box in the same way. The problem is that the X1 boxes are anywhere boxes and what is being recorded on mine shows up on hers and vica versa.

Andrew.Lindsay was kind enough to suggest that a Whats a PoE  filter  should be installed behind  one of the two. This was confirmed by Tier 2 which recommended to put the filter at the splitter. A tech was scheduled by Tier 2 and come out last week. He is a contractor. Although not familiar with the X1 box, and who is in Chicago, he said he has installed filters and knew what to do. He installed a filter at the point the signal comes into box 2, the living room box and one outside (don't know where) to prevent any neighbors from interfering. This took no more than 10 minutes.

Since then I have watched the boxes closely and they are still communicating. If some one in Tier 2 would respond with a fix it would be appreciated.  Did the tech do it right or does a billing code need be changed or what??? This is a minor but annoying problem. Absoultely love the boxes and they are a quantum improvement of the old ones. Please help if you have any ideas. 

Thanks to all  

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 409 of 1,931

AugustaIrish wrote:
I had 1 new X1 DVR installed with 2 set top X1 HD boxes and want to use AnyRoom DVR however anyone with Comcast I talk with cannot understand the problem. Is it even possible with X1 platform right now? I am in Augusta, GA.

I have a similar setup and I am awaiting for this functionality to become available on the X1 platform.  My setup is 2 new X1 DVRs and 2 new X1 HD boxes.  According to a few representatives that I have asked, the AnyRoom DVR functionality on the X1 platform is supposed to be enabled on either July 7 or July 9 in the Atlanta market.  I am hoping that I will be able to view content off of both of my DVRs from any TV.  I hope there is not a constraint that says you can only have 1 DVR in order for anyroom to work.  I use 1 DVR to record shows for my son and all of the crazy reality TV shows that my wife likes to watch.  I use the other DVR for my stuff.

On a side note, they just enabled the visual voicemail on TV option/app a couple of weeks ago in my area.  I think next up is the AnyRoom DVR and then hopefully text messages.

I will try to repost around July 7 or 9th with an update.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 410 of 1,931
You can't pause or rewind live tv with the non DVR x1 but recordings you can

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 411 of 1,931

Soooooo...it looks like the DVR deletes any movie recordings that are more than 1 month old.

This has now happened to me on 2 seperate occassions.  Most recently today just noticing a movie is not no longer there and my DVR is only at 79% full.

Can someone from Comcast please comment or confirm?...and also why?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 412 of 1,931

You need to find the show in your Recently Viewed list (or Favorites, if you marked it as such before watching - although you might have to "View All" since it only shows 5 shows for some reason). It's "conveniently" located near the bottom of the list of options in On Demand (on the left side).

If you then select the show from Recently Viewed or Favorites, then you will see an option for "Watch on Demand" or "Restart". Select "Watch on Demand" and you'll see a different menu than when you select from the regular On Demand menu: it has buttons to "Restart" or "Resume".

Click "Resume" and you're all set. [If the menu does NOT say "Resume" then don't click "Watch" - that will start you over from the beginning and lose your place.]

Why does it take several minutes and half a dozen clicks to just resume your show? Just another of the wonders of X1...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 413 of 1,931
That's a deal breaker for me. Makes watching tv in the other room pointless. Looks like I'll have to pass on the x1 until the come out with a
Non dvr box that has the functionality of a dvr.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 414 of 1,931

Just got X1 set up last week and it seems to be a pretty good box.  Some features from all the other services I've had I miss, but overall, a good system.  Couple of questions:

1. Will you ever get the guide to scroll continuously?

2. Does the DVR show you or otherwise notify you about conflicts in scheduling?

3. Will the DVR automatically look for a replay of the conflicted show and record that?

Thanks for input.  Still learning.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 415 of 1,931

And the non DVR boxes have NO DISPLAY on the front which, again, is a joke.  No channel # or time.  NOTHING.  I'd like to know what channel I am watching without having to check the guide.  Starting to wonder why I left FIOS

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 416 of 1,931

acheck981 wrote:

Soooooo...it looks like the DVR deletes any movie recordings that are more than 1 month old.

I believe I lost a recording or two in the past which led me to think that older movie recordings get deleted, but it certainly has not been consistent. A few times I've had movies on there for a long time, I believe. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 417 of 1,931

Well I've asked several times on chat if x1 is available and 4 reps said it was but now 4 other reps I ask say that it's not. Other reps say that cannot look for me because i don't have the triple play package. Why would I sign up for triple play and pay an installation fee of 39 bucks and then turn around and get x1 if it's in my area? Give me a break. Online support is much to be desired. A lot of times I feel like I am getting a robotic reply to my questions. So far my internet and phone is working with Comcast and shockingly my first months bill is spot on.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 418 of 1,931

Online chat at Comcast does not know anything.  When I had asked online chat if my area had X1 - they told me 'no.'  Then I received something in my mail two days later in regards to X1 in my area.  I was wondering why Comcast would falsely advertise.  When I called Comcast to verify, it turns out that X1 was indeed in my area and it was installed the very next day.  So, never rely on Comcast chat.  They do  not know what they are doing, and they reply with pre-worded answers that has nothing to do, most times, with the question that you had asked.  Same with emailing  concerns.  Also, whether you have Triple Play or not, you are charged the $39.00 fee.  I have triple play, and much more with Comcast, and I still had to pay the $39.00 installation charge for the Technician to come out to install, since there were not technical problems for him to come out to your home - which then would be free.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 419 of 1,931

I'm interested in X1 but I'd have to get 2 x1 boxes because their non dvr boxes don't fast forward, rewind or pause and that's a must for us. I'll call when I get the chance to and ask them directly. With all the problems people are having with the x1 it makes me wonder if it's worth even getting. X2 is supposed to be out by the end of the year and the x2 will record shows to the cloud eliminating the need to even have turners.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 420 of 1,931

Who told you that lie?  I have the X1 and their little boxes that goes to the main X1 DVR box in both bedrooms.  It is a must for me to fast forward (through commercials), and rewind.  It does do those things.  Record, however, I am not sure.  But why make a new generation product that does not rewind from the small boxes (they call them 'children' I think).  I am sure they do, but yes, you need to verify.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 421 of 1,931

Fordfan wrote:

So let me get this straight, upon reading a post I see that the non dvr box cannot pause, rewind, or fast forward shows? There's no point in getting the non dvr box then. Better off getting two x1 dvr boxes. Then again with all the problems people are having with theirs it makes me wonder if I should hold off for awhile. With Directv you can pause, rewind and fast forward on the non dvr box so why can't you with Comcast?

well i do not know what they charge for the non-drv x1 (probably $10 which is the usual charge in s fla for a non-dvr motorola (like a RNG-110) but down here for an extra moto dvr you would be paying $17 for the box and the dvr service.  i wonder if the old Anyroom service worked like that too?  but at least you can control the recordings in the bedroom or wherever, i think that is more important than live tv control, but of course that is up to the user.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 422 of 1,931

PSUGOLD wrote:

And the non DVR boxes have NO DISPLAY on the front which, again, is a joke.  No channel # or time.  NOTHING.  I'd like to know what channel I am watching without having to check the guide.  Starting to wonder why I left FIOS

well dish and direct and uverse have no display on them for years.  its no big deal really.  just got to hit the guide button or something to get the time.  what else every displays on the front of cable boxes anyway???

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 423 of 1,931

chat people are not really the ones to talk to about ANYTHING in comcast.  call the number.  i dont want to say more lest this post gets deleted, but it is really an informative post.  i know from experience.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 424 of 1,931

Click the "Info" button and get all that you desire.  However, how it is that you do not know what channel you are on?  What channel did you last watch last night, if you are wondering in the morning.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 425 of 1,931

Fordfan wrote:
So let me get this straight, upon reading a post I see that the non dvr box cannot pause, rewind, or fast forward shows?

That is not true.  I even recorded last night.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 426 of 1,931

Consecrated wrote:

Fordfan wrote:
So let me get this straight, upon reading a post I see that the non dvr box cannot pause, rewind, or fast forward shows?

I don't have AnyRoom and my two PR150's cannot record and they can't pause, rewind or fast forward "live" programs.  (Xfinity calls them "companions".)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 427 of 1,931

mmaslar wrote:

golfgreg74 wrote:

dwj-1 wrote:

While I have confirmed that I can record 4 shows at once, we had 4 lined up for Sunday 9pm and only one recorded. They were

- The Killing (AMC)

- Masterpiece Theatre (PBS)

- Dexter (Showtime)

- True Blood (HBO)

Only The Killing ended up being recorded. We watched True Blood during its broadcast (although picked it up about 8 minutes in and could not rewind to the beginning).

What is up with this?

- Are premium channels not recordable to dvr? We have recorded them in the past.

- Are multiple channel recordings load dependent? (Things go south it seems during prime time viewing hours - Comcast cloud server load?).

- Does the Internet-based dvr manager not play well with the dvr? (All programs were scheduled many hours, if not days, in advance.)

Thanks for any insight.

--

Doug

This is also happening to me...on NON Premium channels.  Any help would be appreciated.  I had two shows that did not tape last night (only three scheduled).

This happened to me last night too.  Two shows didn't record between 7:00 & 7:30; one show did record during that time.

Same thing for me too.. I setup series recordings, and they dont always record.  I have to go into my DVR list daily and look at what is planned to record so I can manually record the shows that it is not picking up from the series.  Shows this happens to most:

True Blood

MasterChef

Hells Kitchen

Haunting Of...

Celebrity Ghost Stories

Paranormal State

I have also noticed that other shows it records the same episode every time it runs in a single week, even if it already recorded it.

It would also be nice if you could specify that you want to record only from certain channels. I dont care about recording Dr Who on WTTW when I watch it on BBC.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 428 of 1,931

CKozanecki wrote:

mmaslar wrote:

golfgreg74 wrote:

dwj-1 wrote:

While I have confirmed that I can record 4 shows at once, we had 4 lined up for Sunday 9pm and only one recorded. They were

- The Killing (AMC)

- Dexter (Showtime)

- True Blood (HBO)

Only The Killing ended up being recorded. We watched True Blood during its broadcast (although picked it up about 8 minutes in and could not rewind to the beginning).

What is up with this?

- Are premium channels not recordable to dvr? We have recorded them in the past.

- Are multiple channel recordings load dependent? (Things go south it seems during prime time viewing hours - Comcast cloud server load?).

- Does the Internet-based dvr manager not play well with the dvr? (All programs were scheduled many hours, if not days, in advance.)

Thanks for any insight.

--

Doug

This is also happening to me...on NON Premium channels.  Any help would be appreciated.  I had two shows that did not tape last night (only three scheduled).

This happened to me last night too.  Two shows didn't record between 7:00 & 7:30; one show did record during that time.

Same thing for me too.. I setup series recordings, and they dont always record.  I have to go into my DVR list daily and look at what is planned to record so I can manually record the shows that it is not picking up from the series.  Shows this happens to most:

True Blood

MasterChef

Hells Kitchen

Haunting Of...

Celebrity Ghost Stories

Paranormal State

I have also noticed that other shows it records the same episode every time it runs in a single week, even if it already recorded it.

It would also be nice if you could specify that you want to record only from certain channels. I dont care about recording Dr Who on WTTW when I watch it on BBC.

the moto dvrs did the same thing on the original guide they still have here in s fl.  it really should be channel specific.  the tivo is.  something comcast never fixed before.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 429 of 1,931
I can pause from the other rooms but cannot rewind or fast forward. Does anyone have an answer for this issue.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 430 of 1,931
Had my box switched out last night. To my surprise, my favorites, recordings, and scheduled recordings transferred over smoothly from the cloud. BUT. . .my deleted recordings that transferred over as well, WONT ERASE? What may cause that and is their a remedy?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 431 of 1,931
I just upgraded to the X1 format. The DVR in my kitchen says that the DVR may be unplugged and I can't view recorded programs in that room. Does anyone have any suggestions I have to fix this? My main DVR in the main room is not unplugged and recorded programs are working fine.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 432 of 1,931
Had my box switched out last night. To my surprise, my favorites, recordings, and scheduled recordings transferred over smoothly from the cloud. BUT. . .my deleted recordings that transferred over as well, WONT ERASE? What may cause that and is their a remedy?
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 433 of 1,931

xGMANx wrote:

still thats pretty neat.  so they do keep everything in the cloud?  i wonder if it is all areas or just some?  but when the cloud gets "cloudy" it seems bad things happen from what is said here. 

below would only interest real geeks, so be forwarned, but it is a good opinion.

my curiosity is really high about the Xx platform (1 or 2) and i was told it will be available in Florida after 07/15 in certain areas in the beginning (broward county is a big market, they might start in a smaller one though).  it would cost me extra money (just for the box, i only need 1 dvr) since i wont give up my tivo unless it breaks, but i could just do it for a month to test it.  i squeak enough to comcast to probably get a credit for the silly install ($30 here) BUT i will have to pay extra for the box because the Cable Card in my tivo counts as a box to them, so it is like adding a box.  but it would be fun to debug it and actually have real things to say here about the bugs, not just listening to them.  i got HDMI and coax splitters so it would be easy.  of course one thing i do not know is if this filter is going to interfere with the cable card that my tivo needs.  i might be able to make some good suggestions and also ultimately i will get back to a comcast box when my tivo breaks 2-3 years down the line.  hopefully.  i like to keep my recordings but it is really sad to know someday they will all be lost.  when the Cloud is perfected totally it will be great...storage and portability.  if it has the uptime of comcast internet that should be good, but i am pretty sure that it gets to the servers all right, but what the servers and programming does with them is another story.  The End.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 434 of 1,931

Hi. Is the X1 you got using the new Arris XG1 gateway? Can you check the rear of the box and see what company name and model number it shows? Very interesting to know thanks!

Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster

Message 435 of 1,931
Just got this installed yesterday in Philly area. Problems still lingering since the technician left.

1. "DVR" does not show on the satellite boxes that are supposed to connect to the Anyroom DVR.
2. Half my channels say I need a subscription.
3. IPhone app not seeing that I have X1 on my home network.

The technician said it could take up to 24 hours to have everything working. True? Pretty sure im going to be on the phone with comcast after work tonight which is one of the last things on the planet I ever want to do.

After reading a few threads about this service, pretty sure I'm going to be in store for a support nightmare as I've decided to be a guinea pig. I also think they are telling customers certain things are working with the service knowing that they really aren't.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 436 of 1,931

mmaslar wrote:

apsales83 wrote:

I've sent private messages to both of you to collect account information in order to escalate. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 437 of 1,931

Consecrated wrote:

Fordfan wrote:

At this time, the non-DVR X1 boxes do not have the trick play functionality (rewind/pause/fast forward live television)

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 438 of 1,931

I have two DVR's currently,  a DCX3400 and a DCT6416.  When the X1 service is available in my area would I need to replace both DVR's? If possible,  I'd like to keep one of the older ones and just get one X1 DVR.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 439 of 1,931

True.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 440 of 1,931

Had same issue last week! Called Comcast, they sent out another tech with all new X1 boxes he explained that the X1 Anyroom DVR's have a white label on the bottom that says ARX and satelite box has a label with ANR. He no sooner hooked them up and I had Anyroom DVR service and so far it's working fine. He said they were just notified of this at a meeting earlier that day. Suggest you call and have your Xi boxes "swapped out".

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 441 of 1,931
You can only have one platform on your account so it would be all or nothing

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 442 of 1,931

TheArgonaut wrote:
Just got this installed yesterday in Philly area. Problems still lingering since the technician left.

1. "DVR" does not show on the satellite boxes that are supposed to connect to the Anyroom DVR.
2. Half my channels say I need a subscription.
3. IPhone app not seeing that I have X1 on my home network.

The technician said it could take up to 24 hours to have everything working. True? Pretty sure im going to be on the phone with comcast after work tonight which is one of the last things on the planet I ever want to do.

After reading a few threads about this service, pretty sure I'm going to be in store for a support nightmare as I've decided to be a guinea pig. I also think they are telling customers certain things are working with the service knowing that they really aren't.

TheArgonaut - Thanks for your post. Are you still having issues reported above? From your description, it sounds like there may be an issue with the entitlements (especially point #2). My recommendation is to call the X1 support number at 1-877-896-8678 to have them review your account and confirm you have the right cable packages and anyroom dvr functionality added to your account. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 443 of 1,931

reggie77 wrote:

I have two DVR's currently,  a DCX3400 and a DCT6416.  When the X1 service is available in my area would I need to replace both DVR's? If possible,  I'd like to keep one of the older ones and just get one X1 DVR.

The deployment strategy varies between market to market. There is a chance you may have to swap out your entire home for the new X1 boxes. The sales rep will be able to confirm this at the time of order entry. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 444 of 1,931

CKozanecki wrote:

mmaslar wrote:

golfgreg74 wrote:

dwj-1 wrote:

- The Killing (AMC)

- Dexter (Showtime)

- True Blood (HBO)

What is up with this?

Thanks for any insight.

--

Doug

True Blood

MasterChef

Hells Kitchen

Haunting Of...

Celebrity Ghost Stories

Paranormal State

Kara or Comcast...would you please comment on this?  It seems that many of us are having issues taping four show at once...Thank you.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 445 of 1,931

Can't help you with technical problems but try going to http://www.Comcast.com/X1 to watch some of the features of the X1 platform and some videos on how to use them. Also the last nine feature is handy when it comes to changing channels.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 446 of 1,931

reggie77 wrote:

technically it should work because the cable signal is the same going into the house so theoretically any comcast cable box and cable card should work unless that filter they have to install is going to be a problem OR there will be a problem if the boxes try to talk to each other.  but as Kara said that is a regional decision?  that should not be unless it is a marketing or tech issue.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 447 of 1,931

Consecrated wrote:

I have an idea that I would like to place before Comcast.  First, I would like to state that I love my X1 platform and I do not see any issues with it, but I live in the 30350 area code, so that may be the reason why.  Secondly, the new Pandora is a wonderful addition.  My idea is - are you able to allow Pandora to be accessed from the 'little children' of the Anyroom DVR?  I like to listen to music when I go to bed and it would be wonderful to be able to turn on Pandora and listen to it all night - instead of having to listen to my same CD's over and over and ........again.  The little boxes are in each bedroom, so I would like the capability from the little boxes in each and every room.  Is this something you are thinking about adding?  Is there a specific reason why we are not able to access Pandora on the little boxes?

Consecrated - unfortunately at this time, the non-DVR boxes do not support facebook or pandora. I shared your comments with the product management team. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 448 of 1,931

bethomas wrote:

hello all,

Last thursday we had our X1 box installed.  They removed two of the black style DVR boxes.  One from each of our tv's.  They said that we would be able to watch a recorded show now on either of the tv's.  one TV has the X1 box, the other has just the plain HD box.  The DVR works fine on the X1, but there is no way to get to the recorded shows on the second TV.

What could be the problem?  Did they not install something correctly or did they mess up with the proper equipment we should have?  

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon - your account needs to be provisioned for anyroom dvr. Without this feature added to your account, you will not see the DVR option on your HD box. For immediate assistance, please contact the X1 support line at 1-877-896-8678. The CARE rep will be able to confirm if you have it on your account, and if not, will walk you through the process. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 449 of 1,931

Thisjustin2002 wrote:

Everthing seemed to be wroking ok for a liitle while, but since the last update, my DVR has been doing strange things.

1) It skips Series recordings for no reason and randomly records SD versions of things. When you have a series recording set for HD only and it only records SD, there has to be something going on there.

2)On my non-dvr box, it says that it's up to date when I try to update it. On my DVR box, it says that it was unable to request an updated version. What's goig on?

Anyone else seen this?

Thisjustin2002 - your DVR box may already have the most recent version (the boxes in the house may not always be on the same version). Please let me know if you continue to see that error message. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 450 of 1,931

Lsimon wrote:

So hard to decide if I want to take a chance on this.  On Comcast's page talking about the X1 they claim they've done 1,300 software updates since its introduction, over 200 this year along (who knows how long ago that was written).   Is more than one software update a day a pro or a con?

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/x1-platform-expands-now-available-in-10-markets

Lsimon - the size and scope of each release varies from minor edits to new feature launches. The benefit to the X1 platform is frequent and speedy releases, which allows our product management team to modify the platform in order for the best customer experience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon