Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why do some channels work fine while others constantly lose signal on the older boxes?

Contributor

Why do some channels work fine while others constantly lose signal on the older boxes?

I ask because we're currently on the highest 'tier' and channels like Disney XD and TeenNick go all pixelated or end up with sound but no video or even go to a completely black screen and usually keep doing so for the whole time I try viewing them. I had ZERO issues with your predecessor(Adelphia) in this area(Northeastern PA) when we had Disney XD(at that time called Toon Disney) with them. Heck. We didn't even "need" a box to get those channels. 

Yet at the same time I can go to the Starz Classics channels to watch The A-Team at 2-3 a.m. and that channel plays just fine with the current box.

Any explanation OTHER than 'you need to get the new box'? I don't get how some of the higher channels can be like this while others come through with NO issues on the old box.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Why do some channels work fine while others constantly lose signal on the older boxes?

Contributor

Re: Why do some channels work fine while others constantly lose signal on the older boxes?

BruceW wrote:

Please see the reply to your message at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Some-channels-are-constantly-going-pixelated-and-or-to-a...

LOL I guess I already asked this and got an answer from somebody WITHOUT Comcast/Xfinity in their user name. I'd rather hear it from one of the fine people at this company. Thanks.

As for the answer you gave on that previous thread, I already had somebody from Comcast out here when I was having internet issues when I had a 200Mbps connection from the company. They ran a new line in from the road and at least one new line to where my modem is. Plus they put in a new splitter as the one that was there was from when we first moved here in 1990 or so(when Verto/Adelphia had the cable monopoly here). So pretty much all of the hardware save for the lines to the two TV's upstairs is all brand new or less than two years old.

Funny thing is the rep who ran the new line to my modem also left a mostly finished secondary line just hanging up in our rafters downstairs. If he had capped it off with the coax end to it I'd probably snake it through the hole the current old line is going into my bedroom through and use that one. But he left it as a bare cable with no connector. So I guess I'll have to find some coax cable and string up a newer line to my room and see if that fixes it. I just know I don't want to replace the other box since my family don't use the higher channels like I do and I doubt they'd use the voice remote thing at all either.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation