Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

What set top tv boxes are available from xfinity other than X1 boxes?

ANSWERED
Contributor

What set top tv boxes are available from xfinity other than X1 boxes?

I have a Motorola set top box in the upstairs bedroom that either tiles and goes black and alternativy will always say "Channel will be available shorty and doesn't come on for hours.  The tech came to the house and checked everything, said I needed a new box but didn't have one on the truck.

I do NOT want DVR or recording, I just want a box like the one I have,  that works.

1. What other box can I get from xfinity that are not X1.

I just want the cable TV to work.  That's all. I don't want a sales pitch.

2. Can I do the box exchange at the local comcast office which is in my town, or does getting a new box mean they have to send it to me in the mail?

Accepted Solution

Re: What set top tv boxes are available from xfinity other than X1 boxes?

Danica123 wrote:

I have a Motorola set top box in the upstairs bedroom that either tiles and goes black and alternativy will always say "Channel will be available shorty and doesn't come on for hours.  The tech came to the house and checked everything, said I needed a new box but didn't have one on the truck.

I do NOT want DVR or recording, I just want a box like the one I have,  that works.

2. Can I do the box exchange at the local comcast office which is in my town, or does getting a new box mean they have to send it to me in the mail?

The fastest fix is for you to bring the old box to your local Service Center and swap it out there for what you want.  

View answer in context
Service Expert

Danica123 wrote:

The fastest fix is for you to bring the old box to your local Service Center and swap it out there for what you want.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi Danica123, the information that (geek46) shared is correct. You would just need to the your old equipment into a local Comcast service center and they can give you a cable box compatible to the one you currently have now. If you need assistance find a service center near you please reach back out to me here or you can always go online and get the information there as well. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon