Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Weak or No Signal

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Weak or No Signal

I was watching TV (#1) and then all of a sudden there was no picture.  The screen was complete static and it said "Weak or No Signal."  I have tried a multitude of things to try and remedy the problem.  I first made sure all the connections were tight.  This tv #1 and another tv (#2) receive cable from a 2 way splitter.  The other tv (#2) works perfectly fine and has a perfect cable picture.  I took the cable box from tv #1 and attached it to tv #2 and it worked fine. So that eliminates the box being the issue.  I then took the box back to tv #1 and switched out the HDMI cable and the cable that attaches to the cable box from the splitter.  TV #1 is still all static with same message on the screen.  I then switched all the cables back and switched the cables on the splitter.  So I put the cable connection from tv #1 to where tv #2 was connected on the splitter.  Still no picture.  I feel I am out of options so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Weak or No Signal

Confirm you input selector on the TV is still on that HDMI input, and try unplugging the TV from the AC power for a minute so it can fully reset.  

IF you have another HDMI device like a blu-ray to try that HDMI input on that TV might help narrow it down.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Re: Weak or No Signal

Confirm you input selector on the TV is still on that HDMI input, and try unplugging the TV from the AC power for a minute so it can fully reset.  

IF you have another HDMI device like a blu-ray to try that HDMI input on that TV might help narrow it down.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation