Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

WCJBDT ABC CH1020 ZIP 34431 Dunnellon, FL Picture Breakup/V53 Error Sometimes

Contributor

WCJBDT ABC CH1020 ZIP 34431 Dunnellon, FL Picture Breakup/V53 Error Sometimes

This issue continues Comcast! Depends on temperature/humidity/moisture fluctuations on those types days. Also WCJBDT is low power, why cannot this be increased for this station on Comcast's system? My neighbor may get TiVo also so soon the blame me game will no longer cut it. I will have to explain what may happen on some days with this channel. This occurs after midnight and between 6am to 8am when issue arises. I have a Channel Master power inserter which has helped as I said before on other posts. 

Also WUFTDT PBS CH1005 consistently breaks up nightly for brief periods live or recorded tv. Another issue you need to look at. 

Once my neighbor gets hooked up you will no longer be able to blame my wiring/equipment/etc as nothing is wrong with it. Im not stupid and I know how to do most jobs if I worked for you. So get this fixed once and for all. If nothing gets done I am calling corporate again and making another FCC complaint. 

Netgear C7000-100NAS/Netgear EX7300-100NAS/(2) Linksys RE6700/1-VoIP/TiVo Bolt+/(2) TiVo Mini VOX
Contributor

Re: WCJBDT ABC CH1020 ZIP 34431 Dunnellon, FL Picture Breakup/V53 Error Sometimes

I was at my neighbors when Comcast was installing him. I set up my neighbors TiVo and internet/router etc. I questioned the very good and honest tech about WCJB ABC Gainesville V53 error situation on my TiVo (depends on the day). He stated it is a known problem and has been for years. YEARS!!!! If we cannot get a good signal from WCJB our HD ABC...then switch it to Orlando. And to think I have been blamed as being my issue and tech support insisting on a truck roll at my expense. 

I have his employee # and name. I will be making a report to the FCC now that I know the facts. If I do not get a reply here by Comcast explaining what your going to do about this, I will file a report. I won the last battle and I will again. Be it Comcast or WCJB, somebody needs to pony up and fix the issue. It is 2018 and to think how backwoods this system is in Dunnellon. So please would somebody address this post from Comcast.

Netgear C7000-100NAS/Netgear EX7300-100NAS/(2) Linksys RE6700/1-VoIP/TiVo Bolt+/(2) TiVo Mini VOX
Contributor

Re: WCJBDT ABC CH1020 ZIP 34431 Dunnellon, FL Picture Breakup/V53 Error Sometimes

Phoned Comcast Corporate customer relations. For what is worth hopefully something gets done on this once and for all.