Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Tivo cable card v58 error

Frequent Visitor

Tivo cable card v58 error

Had lost authorization on all but local channels.  In attempt to resolve home tech visit checked signal and found no problems, at some point cable card became unpaired and will not remotely repair.  After some research and based on past problems believe original issue may have been billing code related.  Have picked up new cable card but am hesitant to try pairing without contact with someone with cable card expertise.

Thanks,

Nathan

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Tivo cable card v58 error

There are currently many threads just like yours. Comcast has yet to provide any solutions. There are also many threads on the Tivo forums about Comcast no longer providing cablecard support. Tivo users are just stuck.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Fixed as of now, talked to two tier two techs today and then the cable card activation department then a further transfer to a cable card support team that might have been offshore. At that point scheduled a tech visit but then I started suspecting a head end problem and called tier two back who finally understood what head end meant and they escalated to tier 4. The tier 4 tech agreed re a head end issue and escalated to local mgmt of head end and cable card validated abt 20 min later. It seems being relentless is what is necessary eventually if you can get the right tech on the phone they will know who to get in touch with. I would recommend anyone to keep calling, keep scheduling techs and if they seem to not understand the issue just let them go through their script and call back a few hours later. Eventually you'll find someone who "gets it" and paying what one does for cable you can't worry about inconveniencing them..
Silver Problem Solver

What about the inconvience to the customer? There needs to be a published procedeure for pairing and activating a cablecard. Not blindly stumbling through tiers 1,2,3,4 then finally finding someone who just might help. I first asked for an answer to this in 2008, and I am still waiting 10 years later.