New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Tivo Roamio cablecard Pairing error V58

ANSWERED
New Poster

Tivo Roamio cablecard Pairing error V58

I just activated 2 tivo roamio basic boxes on comcast xfinity preferred with blast internet.  I, like others, have had some issues with premium channels and ondemand not functioning, and the tivo is producing error code V58 not authorized.  A solution was found under a post resolved by ComcastTeds and a few other technicians.  The title of this resolved Thread is "TIVO V58 Not Authorized error."  My cards appears to need exactly the same resolution - except no one in the call center seems to be able to help with the matter.  I do get most programing but as stated above, Ondemand and HBO are not working. I was told i'd be contacted with a resolution in 1 hour, and have yet to hear back for you folks! What can we do to get this resolved asap?

I am getting this error when looking at the card auth:

CON: yes EBCP: yes VAL:? 0x00

Accepted Solution

Re: Tivo Roamio cablecard Pairing error V58

Ha, thank you Barbie. I called the cable card dept again this morning and a rep by the name of Bob was able to resolve it.  Call 877-405-2298 and be persistent.  Don't go through the troubleshooting steps like rebooting which i did twice yesterday with a different rep.

It was discovered that they activated my cards to the service but didn't pair them to my account.  He confirmed my card and device info, paired them, and reactivated.  This resolved the problem.  Had to do this for 2 cards - resolution was 10 min tops today.  Spent 3 hours yesterday speaking to reps that didn't know what was going on!

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Nobody will contact you. You will have to keep calling the cablecard number until you reach someone who knows how to properly code the card to your account. They are getting worse at this every day.

Highlighted
New Poster

Ha, thank you Barbie. I called the cable card dept again this morning and a rep by the name of Bob was able to resolve it.  Call 877-405-2298 and be persistent.  Don't go through the troubleshooting steps like rebooting which i did twice yesterday with a different rep.

It was discovered that they activated my cards to the service but didn't pair them to my account.  He confirmed my card and device info, paired them, and reactivated.  This resolved the problem.  Had to do this for 2 cards - resolution was 10 min tops today.  Spent 3 hours yesterday speaking to reps that didn't know what was going on!

Silver Problem Solver

Your experience has become very common. Comcast still refuses to change the way they handle cablecards.

When I did my cards, I had to keep hanging up every time the rep said they were going to send a signal to my card. It usually takes 3 or 4 tries until you get someone who can set up a card.

New Poster

There is clearly a gap in associate training and knowledge that needs to be closed. This should be a common enough issue that they should be trained and proficient enough to know what needs to be done to fix. The “Lets reboot the dvr” is frustrating – especially when it’s been done several times or “let me resent the authorization to your box again.” What’s worse is how commonly people post how the local stores are just as useless. Locally, They appear to be more order takers and billing support than anything. The fact that I burnt half a day working on this is just ridiculous! Comparatively it seems like that’s almost nothing in relation to other customers complaints. This may have a lot to do with my own tech knowledge and troubleshooting abilities - what to look for, asking the right questions, and making the right comments when interacting with Comcast support. At the local store I asked if I could call them they said no with a look on their faces like I was bat sh*t nuts for asking! “You have to call the call center for that support!” For reference – this was at the Folsom, CA location and she said it with a smug look on her face.
Coming from DirecTV, I am only moving to Comcast for a cost savings otherwise I was perfectly happy where I was for my TV needs. DirecTV is overpriced, and out of control with their DVR lease fees, and fees in general. With that said, I got an American associate every time I called, and I didn't have to be burdened with a language barrier. I am utilizing the double play with blast internet and preferred programming and a no contract service. All in all – the savings for me is about $90 per month!
I'm resolved now and that’s all that matters. My experience with Comcast for just internet has been (if its working) excellent; but customer service is severely lacking whenever I call! I have to mentally prepare myself for a bad experience every single time. I have accepted that this is Comcast’s business culture and despite what has been said to fix that – it’s not going to change. Troubleshooting should never be this complex.

Official Employee

Closing old thread

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon