members

online now

discussions

Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues

ANSWERED
New Poster

Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues

Help!

Losing my mind with no less than 10 calls to comcast over the last 24 hours.  Swapped out my X1 for a cable card to go into my new TiVo Roamio...  seemed like it should be a smooth transition.

Two and a half hours on the phone last night.  I lost the first part of the call because my cell phone died.  Luckily, they called back.  Said the problem was with the cable card set up - the card wasn't set up to work with a tivo... but a motorola device.  Locked out locally, I had to go back to my store... seemed like a line, but I did it.

Got three cards today.  First one, didn't work.  Did they activation with the comcast activation line... nothing.  Another hour of my life wasted.

Number two... 45 minutes later... Success!  I had local channels.  Where was my HBO...?  Not to worry sir, they will show in 30-45 minutes.  OK.  I'll wait... but, still no HBO.  OK, I'll call again....

The problem is that my card isn't paired... the first one from today was (yes, they told me the card which was paired was the card which didn't work).  OK. can you unpair it and pair the one that is actually working, but not giving me HBO?  30 minutes later... no only the local office can do that.  Huh?  Can I talk to a supervisor?

[hold music playing]... disconnected.  Call back from the rep... please hold on, the supervisor is on a call.... [hold music playing]... disconnected.  no call back.

Back to google... find the comcast cable card ninja line (877 405 2298).  Nice woman tries to help.  another 30 minutes of hold music.  She claims to have fixed it.  But, I need to wait 30-45 minutes for the premium channels to show up....

Why do I feel like I am going to be on the phone again soon...?  All I want to do is watch Homeland, like I'm paying for. 

Btw, been 20 mins.  Still not authorized for HBO or Showtime, which I am paying for (HBO On demand works fine, its still not paired correctly)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues

Guru212 wrote:

Help!

Losing my mind with no less than 10 calls to comcast over the last 24 hours.  Swapped out my X1 for a cable card to go into my new TiVo Roamio...  seemed like it should be a smooth transition.

Two and a half hours on the phone last night.  I lost the first part of the call because my cell phone died.  Luckily, they called back.  Said the problem was with the cable card set up - the card wasn't set up to work with a tivo... but a motorola device.  Locked out locally, I had to go back to my store... seemed like a line, but I did it.

Got three cards today.  First one, didn't work.  Did they activation with the comcast activation line... nothing.  Another hour of my life wasted.

Number two... 45 minutes later... Success!  I had local channels.  Where was my HBO...?  Not to worry sir, they will show in 30-45 minutes.  OK.  I'll wait... but, still no HBO.  OK, I'll call again....

The problem is that my card isn't paired... the first one from today was (yes, they told me the card which was paired was the card which didn't work).  OK. can you unpair it and pair the one that is actually working, but not giving me HBO?  30 minutes later... no only the local office can do that.  Huh?  Can I talk to a supervisor?

[hold music playing]... disconnected.  Call back from the rep... please hold on, the supervisor is on a call.... [hold music playing]... disconnected.  no call back.

Back to google... find the comcast cable card ninja line (877 405 2298).  Nice woman tries to help.  another 30 minutes of hold music.  She claims to have fixed it.  But, I need to wait 30-45 minutes for the premium channels to show up....

Why do I feel like I am going to be on the phone again soon...?  All I want to do is watch Homeland, like I'm paying for. 

Btw, been 20 mins.  Still not authorized for HBO or Showtime, which I am paying for (HBO On demand works fine, its still not paired correctly)

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.These are primarily customer to customer forums. 

I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your TiVO. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

View answer in context
New Poster

Is anyone from Comcast / Xfinity monitoring these forums and willing to try to help??
Official Employee

Guru212 wrote:

Help!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.These are primarily customer to customer forums. 

I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your TiVO. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

ComcastTeds wrote:

Guru212 wrote:

Help!

Apologies for the issue that you described above. In reviewing your account, it appears that this issue was recently resolved. If that is not the case, please let me know. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

ComcastTeds:

Sorry for not responding. While local support seemed paralyzed, one of what I can only assume was your ninjas fixed our problem in short order.

Thank you soooo much!

Very satisfied,
Tom Cowhey