New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TiVo looking on wrong frequency for channels

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

TiVo looking on wrong frequency for channels

I've had this problem for a couple of months. I've had about 8 techs out and spent hours on the phone with support (both regular support and the cable card department), but there's still no resolution.

I have a TiVo Premiere with a cable card, and there are a handful of basic cable channels I stopped getting a couple of months ago -- TNT, TBS, HGTV, some others. According to TiVo diagnostics, TiVo is looking for these channels on the 67.7MHz frequency. 

The last tech who was here swapped in a legacy Comcast box, and all of the channels showed up fine -- but the Comcast box found them on the 104.2MHz frequency.

It seems that something in the information provided to the TiVo box is incorrect, causing it to look for channels on the wrong frequency. Nobody seems to know how that information gets to the TiVo and how to correct it. A couple of techs did confirm that Comcast has been changing frequencies on some of its channels.

Along the way, I have swapped out my cable card for a new one and rerun TiVo guided setup several times. The cable card has been re-paired several times. Nothing has worked.

I have seen messages on TiVo and Comcast forums from people with the same issue. It appears to be a problem with the correct channel map not getting downloaded to the cable card from Comcast. See, for example, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/TIVO-Roamio-w-error-V53-no-signal-Motorola-Cable-Card-In...

Is there any way to get this issue escalated to someone who can actually fix my problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: TiVo looking on wrong frequency for channels

Aaron_Sherber wrote:

I've had this problem for a couple of months. I've had about 8 techs out and spent hours on the phone with support (both regular support and the cable card department), but there's still no resolution.

I have a TiVo Premiere with a cable card, and there are a handful of basic cable channels I stopped getting a couple of months ago -- TNT, TBS, HGTV, some others. According to TiVo diagnostics, TiVo is looking for these channels on the 67.7MHz frequency. 

The last tech who was here swapped in a legacy Comcast box, and all of the channels showed up fine -- but the Comcast box found them on the 104.2MHz frequency.

It seems that something in the information provided to the TiVo box is incorrect, causing it to look for channels on the wrong frequency. Nobody seems to know how that information gets to the TiVo and how to correct it. A couple of techs did confirm that Comcast has been changing frequencies on some of its channels.

Along the way, I have swapped out my cable card for a new one and rerun TiVo guided setup several times. The cable card has been re-paired several times. Nothing has worked.

I have seen messages on TiVo and Comcast forums from people with the same issue. It appears to be a problem with the correct channel map not getting downloaded to the cable card from Comcast. See, for example, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/TIVO-Roamio-w-error-V53-no-signal-Motorola-Cable-Card-Installed/m-p/2363213

Is there any way to get this issue escalated to someone who can actually fix my problem?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your TiVo. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

View answer in context
Highlighted
Official Employee

Aaron_Sherber wrote:

I have seen messages on TiVo and Comcast forums from people with the same issue. It appears to be a problem with the correct channel map not getting downloaded to the cable card from Comcast. See, for example, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/TIVO-Roamio-w-error-V53-no-signal-Motorola-Cable-Card-In...

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your TiVo. That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

A knowledgeable Comcast tech has contacted me and is working with me to resolve the issue. Thank you very much for your assistance in getting this in front of the right people.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation