Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TiVo Bolt+ : Unable to install

Frequent Visitor

TiVo Bolt+ : Unable to install

After two xfinity service visits and several hours myself withXfinity phone support I still do not have a working TiVo Bolt+. It gets hung up at either 72 or 89% while loading the xfinity channel information so I have not yet been able to see live tv on it.

i'll have another xfinity service visit next week and the techician will bring several cable cards to try. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to do but give up and return it.

Any advice? 

Thanks

Contributor

Re: TiVo Bolt+ : Unable to install

I wish I could help you. I have a Bolt too just not the +. My Scientific Atlanta CableCard worked 1st try. I see nobody is helping you here either. I feel they really hate us TiVo people. Trust me if you get it working your next issue is incorrect guide data. Good luck and I wish you success with your Bolt....it is nice so keep at it.

Mark

Arris SB6183/Linksys EA9300/1-VoIP/TiVo Bolt+
Frequent Visitor

Make sure you call the cable card activation hot line: 1-877-405-2298

Then ask for a Tier III technician. Tier I and II is often offshore help following a basic script..aka useless.

get names and call center they work out of from them. document the errors or problems they say they are seeing. If Tier III cant resolve the issue 1st call  or asks you to wait some peroid of time like 24-48 hours. Ask to be escalated to the regional executive team. They seem to have knowledge and the authority to make things happen. 

Comcast E-Care seems to be the way to get escalated efficiently:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

When Tier III failed they got me Tier IV (which I didnt know existed) When that failed I got the regional executive team. Not sure what the level above that is...yet. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the encouragement. It's still not working. I've got another xfinity service visit scheduled for this afternoon and I'm hoping for the best.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info on escalation. I will use it if my service visit this afternoon fails to get it working.

Frequent Visitor

Two xfinity service technicians spent nearly 2 hours at my house, with TiVo support on the phone, and still could not get the TiVo bolt to pair properly with the cable card despite trying several more. The only remaining step would be to get a replacement TiVo box and start over again, however I had already exceeded my limit on FRUSTRATION and WASTED TIME. I GAVE UP and returned all of my TiVo equipment to BestBuy. I was lucky they took it back because I had slightly exceeded their 15 day return period.

I believe the TiVo Bolt is a flawed product, with design flaws, manufacturing flaws, or both. When Tivo's own installation guide says to have the cable company installer bring FIVE cable cards with him, you know something is wrong with the product. 

Official Employee

Hi gregor2, apologies that you cable card issue wasn't able to get resolved.  If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let me know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation