members

online now

discussions

TVs connected to DTA devices no longer receive digital cable channels

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1 of 3

I have 3 televisions in my home. 2 or connected to DTA devices and 1 is connected to a Scientific Atlanta DVR cable box. The 2 televisions connected to the DTA devices are no longer showing any cable channels except channel 3. The television connected to the DVR box shows all the digitial channels I'm supposed to have; no problems there. I tried recyclying power on both DTAs and checking all the coax cables going from the televisons to the DTA devices. All are securely attached and look to be in good condition. DTAs both have green lights but can no longer get any digital channels. Unfortunately, this is the first night I've turned on any sets in the house since I had been away from home for 2 weeks so I'm not sure if the problem just started today or cropped up while I was away. Should I request new DTAs or is this worth having a technician come out to the house to look into first.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Call with the serial numbers of the boxes and have them re-activated.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 3
Solution
Didn't actually get to the point of reactivation the data devices but after calling the Comcast number to trouble shoot, both data devices are now working again. Problem resolved.