members

online now

discussions

TV signal problems

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Nothing but problems with tv signal, i.e. have hd cable box with dvr for years.  after much problems & numerous tech support online, phone & in-house, swapped out box a year ago.  Same probs over the past year.  Problems include tiling, dropped audio, screen freeze (live tv). Re-boot i could do in my sleep. All cables/connections are securely connected. Chat follows a script & sends 'refresh' signal to no avail. The other day one particular channel was flashing on/off. DVR was set to record on that channel. Because channel was losing signal every second, the dvr kept trying to record program.  Going into my recordings, the program had tried to record over 4000 times--you read that correctly.  Chat unable to help; phone support unable to help.  Seems we can go to the moon but no one can delete multiple recordings at once. Calling comcast i was given appointment in a week's time. Told that techs did not carry cable box replacements & advised to swap out box at the local office.  So off to the local cable office & swapped out the box again.  No problem setting up, etc.  Now 2 days later, the signal freezes, get a black screen with popup message 'one moment please...available shortly'.  then another blank screen. eventually comes on with screen freeze.  changing the channel brings regular reception.  this happens spontaneously & multiple times during the day.  checking online does not indicate any outages in area.  called comcast to schedule appointment.  told that because i had swapped out equipment for self-install within the last 30 days (2 days ago) I would have to pay an 'installation fee' or wait 30 days before making appointment.  I'm at my wits end.

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 2

jrosie46 wrote:

Nothing but problems with tv signal, i.e. have hd cable box with dvr for years.  after much problems & numerous tech support online, phone & in-house, swapped out box a year ago.  Same probs over the past year.  Problems include tiling, dropped audio, screen freeze (live tv). Re-boot i could do in my sleep. All cables/connections are securely connected. Chat follows a script & sends 'refresh' signal to no avail. The other day one particular channel was flashing on/off. DVR was set to record on that channel. Because channel was losing signal every second, the dvr kept trying to record program.  Going into my recordings, the program had tried to record over 4000 times--you read that correctly.  Chat unable to help; phone support unable to help.  Seems we can go to the moon but no one can delete multiple recordings at once. Calling comcast i was given appointment in a week's time. Told that techs did not carry cable box replacements & advised to swap out box at the local office.  So off to the local cable office & swapped out the box again.  No problem setting up, etc.  Now 2 days later, the signal freezes, get a black screen with popup message 'one moment please...available shortly'.  then another blank screen. eventually comes on with screen freeze.  changing the channel brings regular reception.  this happens spontaneously & multiple times during the day.  checking online does not indicate any outages in area.  called comcast to schedule appointment.  told that because i had swapped out equipment for self-install within the last 30 days (2 days ago) I would have to pay an 'installation fee' or wait 30 days before making appointment.  I'm at my wits end.

This is a "signal" issue and most likely with the infrastructure either inside your residence or outside.  If it is outside you will not pay for the service call.....  if it's inside then you are on the hook for the service.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon