Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV Screen is fuzzy only when cable is on

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

For the past 3 days my TV screen is very fuzzy only when the cable is on.  When my boys play their Playstation or watch a DVD movie the screen is completely clear- so I know it's not my TV going out.  My TV in my bedroom is completely clear as well....with the cable on- no issues in there.  Is it possible my main cable box in my living room is going out?  I've had it for about 4 years now.  I've tried unplugging it all and reconnecting the cables but it hasn't helped any.  Anyone have any similar issues??

Thanks!

-Christie

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 4

Curta4 wrote:

For the past 3 days my TV screen is very fuzzy only when the cable is on.  When my boys play their Playstation or watch a DVD movie the screen is completely clear- so I know it's not my TV going out.  My TV in my bedroom is completely clear as well....with the cable on- no issues in there.  Is it possible my main cable box in my living room is going out?  I've had it for about 4 years now.  I've tried unplugging it all and reconnecting the cables but it hasn't helped any.  Anyone have any similar issues??

Thanks!

-Christie

This may be explained by HOW your devices are connected to the TV..... if HD, ensure the HDMI cable from the STB is still connected to the TV... Take a look at how the Playstation & DVD are connected....  if you are using an HDMI switch to accommodate all of the devices, take a look at the connections there.....  you can always move device connections around and see if a certain connection/cable is bad or needs to be replaced.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

I tried everything.  I unplugged the playstation and those cords and had just the cord plugged in from before and the tv is still fuzzy.  I am really starting to think it's the cable box.  It's very odd that it's only in the living room and not in my bedroom. And I would think if it were my tv going out that when a dvd is being played or a game on the playstation those too would would look fuzzy on the screen and they are completely clear. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 4

Curta4 wrote:

I tried everything.  I unplugged the playstation and those cords and had just the cord plugged in from before and the tv is still fuzzy.  I am really starting to think it's the cable box.  It's very odd that it's only in the living room and not in my bedroom. And I would think if it were my tv going out that when a dvd is being played or a game on the playstation those too would would look fuzzy on the screen and they are completely clear. 

To truly define if it is the box or not, swap box locations..... if after swapping locations, if the bedroom tv is now fuzzy, it is the box.  If the bedroom tv is clear while the living room tv is now fuzzy, it may be the INPUT on the TV is bad.....  only way to know for sure,.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon