Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TIVO Cablecard issues

New Poster

TIVO Cablecard issues

I am extremely frustrated trying to get my Tivo fully functional with Xfinity. I previously had service with Fios with Zero problems.

• I have had 2 techs come out to and they tried 10 or 12 cablecards - The settings for Con = No and Val = ?.  I have been using (and paying for) an Xfinity set top box so at least I can get some live TV....
  • Conference call w/ Tivo & Comcast, with ultimately comcast saying there was a problem with my Tivo Box.  I then paid Tivo $250 to exchange for a replacement unit.
  • Exact same issues with replacement unit (with that wasted $250) - i went to Xfinity store and got 4 more cablecards to try with same results.
  • Finally talked to someone on Xfinity support staff who realized there was a problem with some settings on the Cablecard itself and escalated it to Engineering or somewhere to fix.
  • Now, I have Con = Y, Val = V, but I only get local channels.  What I have read online is that my Auth = "MP" and that is the cause.
  • I have probably spent 20+ hours trying to get this entire situation fixed and so frustrated.  I honestly should have switched back to Verizon.
  • On the postiive side - everyone I have talked to has been extremely nice, just unable to resolve my problem.

Who can fix this issue?

Service Expert

Re: TIVO Cablecard issues

tomniemas,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: TIVO Cablecard issues

Hello tomniemas. I can assist you with getting your Cable Cards properly paired to your Tivo. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon