members

online now

discussions

Swapped boxes, same problem

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Swapped boxes, same problem

The box I had, RNG110, was having a blue screen PACE software download problem. I swapped the boxes, got a RNG150, yesterday everything was fine for the night. Now, the software problem is back. Looking around the forum, it seems that the solution is to swap the box. But I did that. This is the first time ever having this problem. If all the tech is going to do is swap the box, I can do that myself. What I'm wondering is if I need a certain type of cable box.
Accepted Solution

Re: Swapped boxes, same problem

Hi sam-e0, the information that (ComcastAndrew and Rustyben) shared is correct. If you need further assistance in swapping out your equipment I can send the equipment to you via direct mail or you can always go into a local Comcast service center and swap it out there. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

If you went from the legacy to X1, you just happened to get a bad box. You should be able to swap again yourself if that's the way that you want to go.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert

sam-e0 wrote:
The box I had, RNG110, was having a blue screen PACE software download problem. I swapped the boxes, got a RNG150, yesterday everything was fine for the night. Now, the software problem is back. Looking around the forum, it seems that the solution is to swap the box. But I did that. This is the first time ever having this problem. If all the tech is going to do is swap the box, I can do that myself. What I'm wondering is if I need a certain type of cable box.

adding... I would take that box in and swap it out for an XG2 HD box (you will get the voice remote feature, and access to all apps on the set top box). The XG2 won't have component video connectors if that is needed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Official Employee

Hi sam-e0, the information that (ComcastAndrew and Rustyben) shared is correct. If you need further assistance in swapping out your equipment I can send the equipment to you via direct mail or you can always go into a local Comcast service center and swap it out there. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.