Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Support of alexa

New Poster

Support of alexa

What the plans to support Amazon Alexa. Need to be able to control stations via my Alexa platform. If no plans, is there an API which allows me to do it myself.... this should b there already...
Official Employee

Re: Support of alexa

Nclarke99, Alexa, and other platforms like that, are relatively new platforms. We haven't announced integration or a partnership with Alexa via the X1 platform at this time. I am not familiar with any API that would allow you to do that. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Ken,

As we move towards the Star Trek version of living, having the ability to voice command is a necessary step. While Alexa sometimes struggles with things like the status of the warp engines or how long it will take to reach Zeta 2 Reticuli at Warp 7, a lot of us expect to be able to do the simple things like operating our TVs and Xfinity alarm systems by voice command. This will make living easier for seniors such as my wife and I along with the handicapped. We have patience, understanding that these technologies are rather new and the depths of their abilities is only now being explored.

If I can operate a printer from my laptop, notebook, tablet, and smartphone then by proxy one would expect to eventually be able to operate an integrated Xfinity system via any of the popular voice command architectures.

All the best,

Dave

New Poster

Verizon Fios is integrated. You can change channels and more with your voice on their platform.

Time to play catch up...
Official Employee

Hello All,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, Alexa is not yet supported by Comcast. However, you are more than welcome to submit your feedback on why you would like to see this supported, and why you feel it would be beneficial as a Comcast customer to see if this is something that can be implemented. Thanks! 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation