Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Samsung BD remote code needed for Xfinity silver remote with red OK/Select button

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Remote code needed for silver remote with red OK/Select button for a Samsung Blue-Ray BD-FM57C.  I tried the provided codes for Samsung blueray 

Most likely code
Others to try
20573, 21075, 21470, 21044, 20820, 20899, 20490

The 20199 provided some functions, but the OK/Select button won't work.  Any ideas?
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 4
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 3 of 4
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 4

Like many, I found that code 20199 gave me most of the Samsung bluray remote's functions, but the frequently needed "Ok" button wasn't one of them. After some online searching, I found that if one programs the remote for the Samsung bluray player using the 20199 code as suggested (Note: there are several Samsung codes, the one I listed is the most common one, and the one that worked for me),  THEN PERMORMS THIS ADDITIONAL STEP, functionality to the "Ok" button is restored. (Prior to performing this second step, the Xfinity remote's "Aux" button would default over  to the "Cable" button, whenever Aux's  "Ok" was pressed. The following step removes that mapping and restores the "Aux" button to the bluray player. 

Follow  these keymove instructions to restore the bluray player's "Ok" button functionality.
1) Tap AUX
2) Press Setup until 2 blinks
3) Enter 994  (2 blinks)
4) Tap Setup
5) Enter 00211
6) Tap OK/Select
The remote should blink twice