Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Resolution not supported

New Poster

Resolution not supported

I recently switched plans due to getting a new package deal offer... and now have HD TV (yeah, I don't watch much TV).  It turns out the box I had at the time didn't have an HMDI out, so couldn't send HD to my TV.   So... this morning I went to the Comcast store and picked up a new cable box.  This one would wouldn't stop displaying an S0a00 message, so the guy at tech support said I should take it back and get a new new box.  So.. I do this.  

This new new box played channels fine one time for about 2 minutes... and now just says "Resolution not supported" whenever I pick the cablebox as the input.

Things I've done: 

Unplugged the cable box, let sit for a long while.. and plug it back in

Tried both HDMI in ports on my TV 

I don't think it's a TV issue (the tv is brand new) as I can play Netflix and Amazon Prime via wifi on it fine and I've tried the cablebox with both HDMI in ports.  And my Chromcast has worked fine -- that's used one of the HDMI ports I've tried with the cable box. 

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?  I'm laoth to call in again and deal with the terrible IVR.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Resolution not supported

Turn the box off and press menu or guide and make sure the box is set to a resolution your TV supports.

New Poster

Re: Resolution not supported

I got another HDMI cable (didn't have one yesterday) and that fixed my problem.  Guess I got a bad cable with the box... 

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation