Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Requesting a cable box signal refresh

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

How hard can it be to request a cable-box signal refresh???

I have been sitting here for almost one hour trying to find the option online, and also via their phone number. 

The website doesn't have the option.  The site's search on the topic doesn't even show ANY results, it just churns away.  The online chat box won't even open unless you tell it what your service issue is, and they don't list the refresh, so that wasn't helpful.

The phone tells me that I can use "the automated service to refresh the cable signal", but doesn't give you a way to get INTO the automated system! 

All I want to do is refresh the signal without going the unplug-from-wall route, as there are more listings that ususual that say "to be announced". 

Is there a direct way to access this feature via phone??  Maybe a different phone number (other than 800-934-6489)? 

Comcast:  PLEASE put a simple refresh request button in the account section of your website!

THANKS for any info which may come my way here

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4

Have you signed onto the Comcast site creating a user name and password?

I believe the cable-box refresh and other options come under "My Account" after signing in.

Otherwise; the phone number shown on the paperwork given to you when getting your cable-box, remote, etc., would be the number to use. Just going online without signing in gives them no information needed to personally refresh your cable-box.

With most cable-boxes (I don't know about X1 boxes), just unplugging the cable-box for at least one minute and plugging them back in would allow the box to reset, down-load all information over about a 5 minute period. It would not matter if you did not set up an Internet account.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 4
I know I have three rooms the only box that the remotes work is DVR after you set up 3 diget code it won't let me put if 5 code so remotes work can't get the Xfinity guide to work so I couldn't recover the remotes
1489959633803960055691.jpg
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 4
I know I have three rooms the only box that the remotes work is DVR after you set up 3 diget code it won't let me put if 5 code so remotes work can't get the Xfinity guide to work so I couldn't recover the remotes