New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Remote won't turn off DTA box

Highlighted
New Poster

Remote won't turn off DTA box

Remote works fine for TV, but has no effect on DTA (which is still powered on)....... just started yesterday. Batteries are new.  Any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Remote won't turn off DTA box

DS2641 wrote:

Remote works fine for TV, but has no effect on DTA (which is still powered on)....... just started yesterday. Batteries are new.  Any ideas?

DTAs don't turn off.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Then perhaps I have wrong term for small/simple cable box.  This one has a green (on) light and a red (off) light.  As of day before last, light stays green even when remote turns TV off. 

Service Expert

DS2641 wrote:

Then perhaps I have wrong term for small/simple cable box.  This one has a green (on) light and a red (off) light.  As of day before last, light stays green even when remote turns TV off. 

That is normal operations for DTA.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I can confirm with OP.  A few days ago the TV remote would power down the DTA.  At least the green light would turn off/sleep and give the appearance of a shut down.  There is a constant green glow when we sleep, and that did not exist a few days ago.  Subsiquently, a power ON would illuminate the green light.  Upon turn on, a light colored blue light could be seen until fully powered up, then go green. 

I know others have said that the DTA doesn't really power off, "and its normal operations", that's fine.  The point is..... something has changed and the green light stays on all the time, and the DTA warms up due to a constant "ON" state, where before, when powered off/sleep it didn't consume the same amount of power and was cool to the touch.

I have 2 DTA in the house and both are acting the same way.  Everything else functions fine, besides not being able to power down or put to sleep, whatever the term you want to describe the previous state and not seen a green light ALL the time.

New Poster

Same with me. I sounds like they sent out a firmware update that keeps the green light on.
New Poster

There is a power button on top of the box you can press to turn it off.
New Poster

Thx for the response. Good to know I'm not the only one....