Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Remote control Samsung tv volume increase and decrease - + not working

New Poster

Remote control Samsung tv volume increase and decrease - + not working

I have tried every code for Samsung tv...I have a Sony receiver for sound.. When I push the aux button the volume works fine but when I am in cable mode it won't work...the mute button works and there are lines like the volume should be working but nothing
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Remote control Samsung tv volume increase and decrease - + not working

To lock volume control to the AUX device:

1. Press AUX
2. Press and hold Setup until AUX flashes twice, then release Setup
3. Enter 9 9 3  (AUX flashes twice)
4. Press AUX again (AUX flashes twice)

Volume and Mute should now operate the AUX device even if the remote is in CABLE or TV mode.

Please give this a try and let us know if it works for you.

Regular Visitor

I have a Panasonic plasma TV coupled with a Sony Blu ray DVD/receiver.  My system synced automatically.  With your TV on, try shutting down and restarting your Sony receiver.

New Poster

Wow, Sure wish tech support knew this stuff.  Last week they had me do TV, Setup, 993, CH+ to try and resolve a sound issue.  Since then this one remote would not change the TV volume without pressing TV first.  What a pain.  30 mins on phone support trying all sorts of codes and they finally said too bad, has to be that way from now on, for that one remote out of 3 TVs installed.  And all I had to do was the TV, setup, 993, TV and it works again.  Makes me wonder about the rest of their support.

New Poster

Thanks for the great info. here.  Pushing the Aux button did not work for me but when I pushed the Cable button instead of the Aux using your procedure, it worked.  My wife is happy again.  

New Poster

Shirleypalmisan:  The fact you are seeing the volume lines shows your cable remote is working.  I believe what you need to do is turn the volume up using your TV remote with the cable volume lines down low.  Then, you can using your cable remote to turn the volume up louder.  Good luck !