Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Regular DVR reboots and outages overnight

Regular Contributor

Regular DVR reboots and outages overnight

I swear I've been getting FW pushes to my old 2-tuner Cisco DVR around 7:00 pm every other Monday for several months - at a minimum, the DVR is rebooting on it's own, did it again last night while I was watching TV at 6:50 pm - this is very frustrating! Besides the disruption in watching a program (especially if it's live), it takes forever for the channel guide to update after the 5 minute reboot process, so if I haven't already set up reminders and recordings for the next several days I can't do it for over an hour. What's going on here? I never have experienced such regular reboots before.

Secondly, and it may be related to the first issue, I made several recordings over the weekend set for overnight hours, like between 12:00 am to 3:00 am - several of them showed errors of "your recording was interuppted and may be incomplete" - this isn't the first time that's happened either, but never saw it occur on multiple consecutive recordings before. Last Monday there was a major outage in my area (21075), all services were out for over 4 hours, from 3:50 pm to 8:05 pm, so I suppose this weekend's problems may have been due to continued repairs, but that doesn't explain the DVR rebooting issue, which is really starting to tick me off.

Problem Solver

Re: Regular DVR reboots and outages overnight

I would take the DVR and remote to your nearest service center for N/C exchange.

Regular Contributor

Re: Regular DVR reboots and outages overnight

Not a desirable solution - I have over a dozen movies saved I have not watched yet - if there's a way to transfer files from one DVR to another I could do that - many of these movies are not available on demand, so they'll be lost forever if I turn in the DVR for a new one.

I still don't think it's a problem with the DVR because the timing of the reboots is pretty much on a schedule to within a few minutes give or take - every two weeks around 6:50 pm on Mondays - that looks more like a scheduled push from Comcast to me.

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation