online now

discussions

Recording Cancelled By The System

321 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1 of 322 (830 Views)

Re: Recording Cancelled By The System

Here is the latest development http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/ATTN-ComcastTedS-UNKNOWN-ERROR-Cancelled-Record...

From December 2014 http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Still-Haunted-by-quot-Not-recorded-due-to-unkno...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 322 (862 Views)

Evie, Thanks for owning up to the glitch on the posts.

Comcast, see it's not that hard to own up to a mistake.

Like you you guys, I still get these types of unexpected cancellations. But like Bunella, not as many of these types as before the May/June '013 firmware update.

But what that May/June '013 firmware update certainly did was to introduce new bugs into manual scheduled series recordings (by day/time/channel/duration rather than by program guide name).  And I continue to have problems with cancellations due to insufficient, inaccurate, and changing information in the Comcast Program Guide. Comcast tells me that the Program Guide information is provided by the networks and not their responsibility (Hey Comcast, I'm paying you for the service.) And then they tell me to get around the Program Guide issue by setting manual recordings (which I've already said was broken). And then they tell me I can upgrade to an X1 Box which will record 4 channels at once (but still can't record a program from the program guide that has inaccurate listings).

And so it goes.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 322 (870 Views)

Bunella, no offense intended but I really hoped I would not see you again. At least not in this topic to say you still have the issue.

All Comcast will say is "exchange the box". Which does not work to solve it because even when I do exchange the DVR it still happens.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 322 (884 Views)

I still experience the problem although not as often.

My rates still keep rising every year until they are now really getting cost prohibitive for us to keep Comcast.

I keep getting mailings to switch to Xfinity One but it is not available here.

Fix the service and keep the costs down before you offer things that are un-offerable.

I'm checking into Verizon to see what they will do for me.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 322 (890 Views)

Lee, I am also still have recordings cancelled. It's still hit and miss with no rhyme or reason as to when it happens.

When it happens, it does not say Cancelled by system.

System does not want to take responsibility so it now is cancelled due to unknown error.

I really don't care WHY or WHO cancels it. I do care that this is still happening.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Edited on
‎01-17-2015 10:44 AM

Service Expert

Message 6 of 322 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]

One of the posts being marked as the solution was my fault.

Only the topic starter can mark a post as a solution.

I was doing something and accidentally marked the post as the solution.

Because it was not the solution I, again as the topic starter, was able to UNMARK it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 322 (914 Views)

I received the same email, not once but twice, so it must be really solved! Sure would have been nice if they had mentioned which of the 300+ previous replies were the solution.... because I just checked and had another recording canceled by the system last week!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 322 (938 Views)

I just received an email notifying me that this post "has been accepted as a solution". Well there you have it! The mysterious Comcast DVR recording cancellations have been fixed by the mere stroke of a keyboard. No more "Program has been cancelled by user". No more "Program not recorded due to schedule change". No more "Recording Cancelled by the System". No more "Recording Cancelled due to Unexpected Error". No more "Not recorded to a conflict with another (phantom) recording. No more vanishing manual series recordings. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Posted by
Edited on
‎07-21-2013 11:58 AM

Service Expert

Message 9 of 322 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]

This morning I had 2 shows set up to record.

Back-to-back espisodes of the same show. 9 am-9:30 am and 9:30 am-10:00 am.

I just sat down to watch them both.

The only one listed in recordings is the 9:30-10:00 episode.

DVR history tells me the 9-9:30 episode was This program was not recorded because a user canceled the recording.

I DID NOT CANCEL IT. ONCE AGAIN, SYSTEM INVADED MY DVR AND WILL NOT ADMIT TO DOING IT. SYSTEM WANTS TO BLAME IT ON THE USER.

I know the show was in the scheduled recordings list at 8:40 am. That is when I double-checked to see if something else had been set up to record later today.

I did NOTHING regarding the cancelled show. I did not look at the info. I did not mess with it at all.

So why is this still happening?  The highly touted update, which was supposed to resolve issues such as programs not recording, is flawed and not worth a hoot since this is still happening.

Unfortunately, that show is not available in On Demand or anywhere else online.

Comcast, I have a BRILLIANT idea-MAKE THE DVR WORK THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK. A pipe dream, I know, because there will always be issues with the DVR's, some which be things that used to work getting broken because of an update to fix something else.

BTW, others have reported the same thing has happened to them. So I know it is not just me experiencing this issue.

Bunella wrote:

I'm sure there are workarounds for every problem, but the facts remain.  For the amount we pay, we shouldn't have to find workarounds.  Comcast should fix the problems when they happen.

We both know that Comcast will not fix the problems when they happen. When they do know what causes issues it will take them months before there is an upgrade or fix released. And when it is released it's done piecemeal over time, rolling them out to areas according to a release schedule they set up. And after it is released the fun part begins-finding out what the NEW bugs are.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 10 of 322 (1,686 Views)

I'm sure there are workarounds for every problem, but the facts remain.  For the amount we pay, we shouldn't have to find workarounds.  Comcast should fix the problems when they happen.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 11 of 322 (1,688 Views)

i don't know if this helps- i have had this issue several times- about 40 in the last year +

i noticed that if you have a series recording that has these issues i have completely deleted the series.

go to MANAGE MY DVR  then SERIES PRIORITY then go into the program and delete it using the X

now re-set-up the series recording of the show and it should (not 100% sure fix) fix the issue.

it has worked for me. but i also have had the "cancelled by the system" happen less than 5 days ago!

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-15-2013 11:37 PM

Service Expert

Message 12 of 322 (1,959 Views)

[ Edited ]

The update did indeed fix my "recording cancelled by the system" issue.

NOW it cancels recordings and says NOTHING. Yep, this has happened once before shortly after the update.

Last night it happened again.

I had set up 2 shows to record at 9 pm. Both 30 minute shows.

20 minutes ago I went to My Recordings. ONE OF THE SHOW WAS NOT THERE.

I looked in DVR history. Nope, not there either.

I KNOW FOR A FACT IT HAD BEEN SET UP TO RECORD. I double checked at approximately 8:40 and it was listed in scheduled recordings. NO ONE CANCELLED IT. Had it been cancelled DVR History would have the show listed and would say not recorded due to a cancellation by a user.

I also know that the show actually did come on at 9 pm. It was also repeated at midnight so I was able to set it for recording at that time.

Not only did it happen yesterday, it happened again today. 9 am show did not record.

This is not acceptable. Your "fix" did not work. The only difference is that when it doesn't record there is nothing in history to say it was not for whatever reason. I'd much rather have the old version. At least there would be a reason given in DVR History.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 322 (2,034 Views)

Well it looks like we finally got a firmware update. (Does Thu., May 30 sound about right?) But it doesn't appear to have fixed the cancelled by system problem, and appears to have introduced new, related problems! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 322 (2,071 Views)

wookie104 wrote:
The error says "Not recorded due to unknown error" with the new Motorola DHC3416 with the A30 update...

I too have experienced this since the update in May.  No longer is the recording "cancelled by the system."  Now it's "Not recorded due to unknown error."

I guess Comcast was correct to tell us they were working on a way to get rid of the "cancelled by the system error".  They indeed did....and now we have the same error with different wording.   

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 15 of 322 (2,271 Views)

So I never had this problem up until a week ago.  Now, every show I have set to record after 5-5 was "cancelled by the system" Some while the DVR was on, some while it was off.  Some when other things were set to record and some when the were the only thing set to record.  If this issue was set to be fixed back in March, I'm alittle confused why I am suddenly getting it. When I called customer support, they said they had no idea what was happening.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 16 of 322 (2,583 Views)

The error says "Not recorded due to unknown error" with the new Motorola DHC3416 with the A30 update. Happened for Walking Dead and the Following even though it should scheduled to record and was listed in the guide as a New Episode within the last week.
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-27-2013 03:34 PM

Problem Solver

Message 17 of 322 (2,640 Views)

[ Edited ]

ghoofie wrote:

It's happening to me in Northern Calfornia, and the rep that called me, said they are aware of the problem and it is on the Moto DCX3400 as well as the Moto 3416 . He also said that there is no fix in the horizon but they are working on it.  So, either my contact is just saying that or your contact isn't aware of it. Who knows ? It's typical of Comcast though.  You get different answers depending on who/where you talk to them.

Well, two years later...

Assuming this is in relation to the system cancelling the recroding type of error, it sounds like the A30 update for Motorolla boxes should address the issue.  Based on the reply at http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/External-Hard-Drive-Support-for-Motorola-Scient... it would seem that you (we) should be getting this update sometime in the next couple of months or so.  Hopefully that will in fact be the case, and hopefully it does in fact resolve this issue (and some others, without introducing any new ones).

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 18 of 322 (2,656 Views)

wookie, did you look in DVR history to see if there was a reason it did not record?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 19 of 322 (2,659 Views)

Swapped out my DVR for another one after getting tired of shows not recording. It worked well for about a week but now is not recording shows again.

The guide shows the Following was a New Episode on Monday 3/25 and it was listed in my DVR schedule to record but it didn't record.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 20 of 322 (2,767 Views)

I have the A30 and the error says This program was not recorded because of an unknown error.

It seems to have started around 2/27 after going trough DVR History.

I have a Motorola model Astb-0x0805
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 21 of 322 (2,771 Views)

wookie104 wrote:

As 3/17/13 I am still having issues recording the majority of my shows with error messages. Missed Walking Dead last night.

I also can not watch On Demand and manually even record 1 show.

I am in NJ

Does your box have the A30 update, or is it still running something older (I think the previous one was A28)?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 22 of 322 (2,793 Views)

So I actually went back through my DVR and that explains why the last few weeks barely any shows have been recording. Going through the history I see the message cancelled by system.

At least now I have about 2-3 weeks of shows to watch On Demand.

Couple episodes of:

Bing Bang

Revenge

Walking Dead

Grimm (only 1 episode)

Arrow

who knows what else.

Might just take the DVR back seeing how long this thread is and the issue has apparently been around.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 23 of 322 (1,560 Views)

As 3/17/13 I am still having issues recording the majority of my shows with error messages. Missed Walking Dead last night.

I also can not watch On Demand and manually even record 1 show.

I am in NJ

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 24 of 322 (1,622 Views)

@ComcastTeds, any chance of anything new regarding A30 update rollout?  Is the rollout still going as scheduled and going to be complete by the end of March (in just 2 weeks), as mentioned earlier?

Any idea when the Northern Calirfornia market (the San Francisco Bay Area specifically) should be getting the update?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 25 of 322 (1,693 Views)

You can find my earlier messages.  The TBA notices are now gone as I have the regular listings again and they can be obtained under "My Recordings."  BUT any series recordings that show as set up and scheduled  are not retained.  So I am STILL daily setting the recordings for primietime shows each evening.  I am able to schedule individual shows to be recorded a few days ahead but not into the following week.  Roxie

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 26 of 322 (1,715 Views)

@COMCAST TEDS I have just started to see the issue in the last week or so.  The guide will be fully populated. I will set said show to record as an example I will use 20/20.  When I set the recording the program is listed but only has the generic description not what the actual program is about.  The next day or sometimes a couple days later or sometimes on the day the show airs that program seems to change to TO BE ANNOUNCED.  It appears that the guide is refreshing and there has been a pushed listing with the actual description of said program.  But instead of filling in said name it just changes to TO BE ANNOUCED and never lists the actual program name or description.  That is just one show this happens with various shows for no apparent reason.  I have had resets done to the box.  Have had a tech check all signal levels all are fine.  It appears to be some sort of software issue or issue with the guide data.  Any idea what is going on and if there will be a fix.

I am in Massachusetts. Watertown, Massachusetts just outside of Boston.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 27 of 322 (1,707 Views)

Re: TV Listings with lots of To Be Announced shows

Ok so just started experiencing this issue I am in Watertown, MA just outside of Boston.  THe guide will be completely filled in.  Then some programs will be changed to TO BE ANNOUNCED.  In some instances this will cause said program not to record. 

The one thing I do notice is said program will be listed and will have a generic description of the program.  I will use 20/20 and General Hospital as the two examples.  These programs will show a generic description that describes the program.  Then at some point they will go to update that description to show what that particular episode is about.  Sometimes it will go fine other times it changes the program name to TO BE ANNOUNCED.  This has been on going for a little over a week for me.

I have had resets to the boxes.  A tech was out here all signal levels are fine.  I have done the unplugs.  After the resets or unplugs the data refeshes usually within 24 hours and then issues like this will occur.

Any idea what the cause is and if there will eb a resolution?

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-18-2013 01:26 PM

Service Expert

Message 28 of 322 (1,751 Views)

[ Edited ]

A new twist on cancelled recordings.

Wednesday 3/6 recording set for 8pm. A few minutes after 8 I noticed there was no red light letting me know recording was taking place.

I looked in MY DVR. Show not listed.

I looked at scheduled recordings. There it was-with the circle/slash next to it.

Going to history I found this

NOT RECORDED DUE TO A CANCELLATION BY A USER.

I DID NOT CANCEL THE RECORDING!!!!!!!!

In the end, it really did not matter because it was on the Weather Channel and the show was pre-empted for winter storm coverage. Please do not tell me it was cancelled because the show did not come on. The 7pm Weather Channel show recorded just fine, even though it also was storm coverage and not the show I had set up to record.

Do I now have to contend with being told "user cancelled" when user did not?

edit to correct a typo which I just noticed

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 29 of 322 (1,755 Views)

Re: System canceled scheduled program

You may want to check this thread out to see if any of the information applies to you.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Recording-Cancelled-By-The-System/td-p/816363

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 30 of 322 (1,766 Views)

System canceled scheduled program

My DVR continues not to record a scheduled program due to the system canceling it.  I have tried to delete and set it up again, unplug and replug the DVR, etc.  What can I do?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 31 of 322 (1,752 Views)

x1 dvr's

how many tuners are operable in the X1? i have gotten two different stories.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 32 of 322 (1,769 Views)

ComcastTeds wrote:

Apologies for the delay in responding. I have been traveling for business and had a few vacation days as well.

The recording cancelled by the system message can appear in certain situations by design and on purpose.

One such reason is that if there is a DVR recording scheduled and that scheduled recording disappears from the listings data (gets changed to To Be Announced for example), the system will cancel the recording. That may be what's happening in your case.

That should be a rare occurrence. I see that you posted some screen shots so that will be helpful in tracking this issue down.

The fix has been validated and others have reported in this thread that they have not had issues since the new guide release was deployed. I will open a ticket on your account.

You can certainly contact me directly if you have this issue in the future and let me know the times, dates and programs. Thanks. 

As far as the update rolling out, with just about only 3 weeks left until the end of March (by when the update should be rolled out to everyone that can have it, as mentioned in an earlier post) is the rollout still going as scheduled and going to be complete in a few weeks?

Any idea when the Northern Calirfornia market (the San Francisco Bay Area specifically) should be getting the update?

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-04-2013 04:44 PM

Service Expert

Message 33 of 322 (1,828 Views)

[ Edited ]

I do not know what caused it. Nor do I care at this point. All I know is that 30 minutes before it was scheduled to begin the show was still listed in the guide.  It's possible that CNBC pulled it and subbed another show. However, since the DVR records by time a different show would have shown up had it been recording in that time slot.

What I do know is that it happened and I hope it does not happen again.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-04-2013 03:38 PM

Official Employee

Message 34 of 322 (1,846 Views)

[ Edited ]

Apologies for the delay in responding. I have been traveling for business and had a few vacation days as well.

The recording cancelled by the system message can appear in certain situations by design and on purpose.

One such reason is that if there is a DVR recording scheduled and that scheduled recording disappears from the listings data (gets changed to To Be Announced for example), the system will cancel the recording. That may be what's happening in your case.

That should be a rare occurrence. I see that you posted some screen shots so that will be helpful in tracking this issue down.

The fix has been validated and others have reported in this thread that they have not had issues since the new guide release was deployed. I will open a ticket on your account.

You can certainly contact me directly if you have this issue in the future and let me know the times, dates and programs. Thanks. 

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-07-2013 05:33 PM

Service Expert

Message 35 of 322 (1,943 Views)

[ Edited ]

Silly me, I was hopeful the hype about the update resolving this issue was true and was looking forward to getting rid of my "stalker" aka SYSTEM. The hype is nothing but smoke and mirrors and mumbo-jumbo empty promises from Comcast. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER right now.

Queen-Evie wrote: (on 2-21-2013)

I finally got the updated guide*. I hope this gets System out of my life, never to be seen again.

*S/W Ver:80.48 -  a30.1210.r-27

The "fix" does not work-SYSTEM refuses to stay out of my life. This morning I sat down to watch a show I set up for recording last night. (another silly me moment, I forgot to record it on the HD channel. I set it up online and forgot to go to the onscreen guide later to change it to HD. CNBC HD is missing from my online guide)

IT WAS NOT IN THE LIST OF RECORDED PROGRAMS. I knew it was set up because I double-checked and it was in scheduled recordings. I looked in History and this is what I see

Screenshots removed because I deleted them from Uploaded Images.

At this time I do not recall what the reason for not recording was.

American Greed:Scams, Scoundrels and Scandals was the only show set up to record at midnight.

There were no other American Greed episodes recorded. None were listed in the history.

On 10-11-2012 ComcastTed stated

"Yes, we started to roil out this fix (new guide software and firmware) over the summer."

Ted, I realize you most likely tell us what someone else has told you. Please let those who were so adamant that the new guide software/firmware would resolve the issue that they need to go back to the drawing board.  A fix to the fix is needed. And they should do it in a timely manner, not 2 or 3 years from now.

The thing about "fixes" is that no one knows they will work until they are rolled out. This fix is a total bust.  I'm not surprised SYSTEM is still around and up to no good.

I have a feeling that no matter what is done the error will never completely disappear and that I will see it in the future.

Also, please do not tell me to be patient. My patience over this issue ran out long ago. For what I pay Comcast each month I expect it work each time I record something. When this happens I am not getting what I pay for and that is a rip off in my book.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE IT GO AWAY AND STAY AWAY???!!!!! If whoever is working on it can't fix it then get someone who can.  I think it's pathetic that SYSTEM cancelled the recording a week after I got the software with the supposed fix.

*still wondering if I could get away with deducting $5 from my bill everytime this happens. When SYSTEM cancels my recording the DVR is not doing what I'm paying for it to do, which is RECORD FOR VIEWING AT A LATER TIME.*

*will be watching for my next door neighbor to get home so I can check out her Direct TV*

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Edited on
‎02-27-2013 12:34 PM

Problem Solver

Message 36 of 322 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds wrote:
As mentioned earlier (on this page even)...

All of the areas where we use Motorola- branded DVRs will be getting an update with this fix. We are about halfway complete national deployment of this update with the expectation that all locations will have the update and the fix in place by the end of March. 

Now that we are partically at the beginning of March, are things still on track to be completed by the end of March?

Given the remaining short timeline, any idea as to when the northern California--the San Francisco Bay Area, to be more specific--market should be getting this latest update?

Having experienced the recording cancellation issue without any reason much more frequently over the past two weeks, it would really be good to get this fix sooner than later.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 322 (1,989 Views)

Again tonight, a Monday night, The Daily Show, "Cancelled by System"! No idea why! No hint as to a reason. Didn't get cancelled last week. Because it was prez day, a repeat. Independent lens at same time did get recorded correctly on the other tuner. Go figure! What up with that?!?!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 38 of 322 (2,055 Views)

I finally got the updated guide. I hope this gets System out of my life, never to be seen again. Meanwhile, the last thing it cancelled cannot be found online or in On Demand or as an upcoming episode in the next couple of weeks.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 39 of 322 (2,120 Views)

Evie, you hit the nail right on the head.

It's almost like they're trying to tell us what shows to watch or not.

Hang in there.  

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-11-2013 01:44 PM

Service Expert

Message 40 of 322 (2,134 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear System, Please get some business so you can mind it and stay out of mine.

Due to a tragedy in my family last week I failed to notice that a show I had scheduled for 11pm on Wed. Feb. 6th was not recorded. This morning I discovered that you had cancelled the recording.

I looked to see if it would be repeated within the next 2 weeks. It will not be.

The show is available in On Demand. The unrecorded episode is not.

I sincerely hope that when the update is pushed to my box YOU WILL BE OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER!!! 

The show it did not record: Stalked-Somebody's Watching on ID. Appropriate because sometimes I think YOU are stalking ME so you can cancel my recordings.

edited to correct a spelling error.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 41 of 322 (2,181 Views)

Now this:  have NBC Smash as series recording.  Series  premiere last night.  It was scheduled.  I noticed it recording last night.  Go to watch it this morning , it isn't there !  I look at DVR history, no mention of it.  NOTHING.  I check my series priorities , still showing up as a series recording .  Explain that Comcast.  So have to watch it OnDemand and of courseI can't forward commercials.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 42 of 322 (2,264 Views)

Still on A28 here in Northern California .  I still get black screen for recorded shows sometimes, irritating, but I haven't noticed a canceled recording in quite awhile.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 43 of 322 (2,309 Views)

Queen-Evie wrote:

Define "soon". I long ago learned that the Comcast definition of "soon" could be the next 5 minutes or sometime before the end of the century.

I have seen them say "soon" to many times regarding something and a couple years later they are still saying "soon" to the issue fix or product roll out.

As mentioned earlier (on this page even)...

All of the areas where we use Motorola- branded DVRs will be getting an update with this fix. We are about halfway complete national deployment of this update with the expectation that all locations will have the update and the fix in place by the end of March. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 44 of 322 (2,311 Views)

Define "soon". I long ago learned that the Comcast definition of "soon" could be the next 5 minutes or sometime before the end of the century.

I have seen them say "soon" to many times regarding something and a couple years later they are still saying "soon" to the issue fix or product roll out.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 45 of 322 (2,318 Views)

Queen-Evie wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:
Apologies for the issue you are having and thanks for your patience.

Yes, all of the areas where we use Motorola- branded DVRs will be getting an update with this fix. We are about halfway complete national deployment of this update with the expectation that all locations will have the update and the fix in place by the end of March.     

I have been dealing with this issue off and on for OVER 2 YEARS. I have no more patience when it comes to system canceling my recordings. I've waited this long for a fix, what's a couple of more months? That is if "expectations" are met and it actually gets to me by the end of March.

I don't have the update. I will check for it every once in a while. When I do get it I hope it works. Whether it will or not remains to be seen because it doesn't happen often.

It should not have taken OVER 2 YEARS to fix the issue. But hey, Comcast lived up to MY expectations by dragging it out this long because Comcast has no clue what a timely fix means.

Apologies for the issue and thanks again for your patience.

Glad to see that you don't have this issue very often. It;s not a condition that most customers should regularly see.

We will get this guide software and firmware update out to the remainder of our areas soon. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 46 of 322 (2,321 Views)

eastmoreland wrote:

I have had the A30 software now for a month or two (Portland, OR) and haven't had any "black screen" or "cancelled by the system" problems since.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I've had the dreaded black screen recording problem for literally YEARS, but the cancelled by system problem was relatively recent (in the last six months or so) for me.

Glad to hear that you have the latest guide version and that you have not observed the black screen or "cancelled by the system" issue. 

That is expected and is good news.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 47 of 322 (2,321 Views)

Bunella wrote:

Seems I have the a30 but it only happens on one DVR and it hasn't happened in the past couple of weeks.

I don't know if this is the 3416 or 3412 and i don't feel like getting down on hands and knees to look right now as it is on a low shelf of the wall unit.

I'll let you know exact details when it happens again.

Glad to hear that you have the latest guide version and that you have not observed this issue in the past couple of weeks, that is expected and is good news.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 48 of 322 (2,325 Views)

eastmoreland, since you have the update please post back if the system cancels any of your recordings.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 49 of 322 (2,336 Views)

I have had the A30 software now for a month or two (Portland, OR) and haven't had any "black screen" or "cancelled by the system" problems since.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I've had the dreaded black screen recording problem for literally YEARS, but the cancelled by system problem was relatively recent (in the last six months or so) for me.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 50 of 322 (2,338 Views)

I'm with you Evie.  For the amount we pay for our cable/internet bill we should get much better service.

Our bill is over $225. ea month.   I would go with Verizon if we had Fios in this area but we don't and they use a dish based service for their  TV.  (and i'm a retired Verizon employee).

Oh well.  Hope you get relief soon.