Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues (Tyrone, PA)

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues (Tyrone, PA)

Might as well give up if you own a Tivo Roamio.  My son-in-law works for Comcast in Lancaster, PA and he told me Comcast has stopped two-way communication on M-cards.  That's why you can't get On Demand anymore, especially if you live in central or eastern PA. We pay for it, but they're trying to force their boxes down our throats.

Accepted Solution

Re: New Tivo Roamio Plus On Demand will not activate

Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner, but with Thanksgiving tomorrow, I've had little time to check my

comcast E-mails.  Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for forwarding my problem to the national cablecard team.  On Tuesday evening , 11/18, Jarryd called me from there and discovered the problem was that my cablecard was not paired correctly.  In fact, it was still paired to my old TiVo Premiere, which I no longer use. Within a few minutes, he had everything paired correctly to my TiVo Roamio, and now my On Demand works just fine.

Thank you for your prompt attention to my problem, and I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Sincerely,

Winterrose50

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues

Winterrose50 wrote: ... he told me Comcast has stopped two-way communication on M-cards.  That's why you can't get On Demand anymore, especially if you live in central or eastern PA. ...

That's incorrect. I have a Roamio in Central PA and On Demand is working. The Tivo doesn't use the Cablecard to request programs from On Demand, it uses your internet connection.

If your On Demand isn't working perhaps it is not yet available on Tivos in your area. If it is, there may be a problem with your Comcast account, or you may have internet connection problems.

Check the Tivio's network setup. If you can't find the problem, call Comcast at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast and ask them if On Demand on Tivo is available. If it is, ask them to help you figure out why it isn't working.

Better yet, call Tivo and ask them!

Official Employee

Re: Tivo Roamio and Cable Card issues

Winterrose50 wrote:

Might as well give up if you own a Tivo Roamio.  My son-in-law works for Comcast in Lancaster, PA and he told me Comcast has stopped two-way communication on M-cards.  That's why you can't get On Demand anymore, especially if you live in central or eastern PA. We pay for it, but they're trying to force their boxes down our throats.

Agree with BruceW above. Apologies for any incorrect information you may have received.

I have asked that our national cable card team review your account and get the On Demand service working for you on your TiVO. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Xfinity On Deman will not work on my TiVo 4 -tuner Roamio. I keep getting a screen telling me to contact Comcast to start this feature, as well as a list of data about the cable card everytime I try to choose a show to watch.  I have contacted Comcast twice about this matter, but no one can or won't help me get the problem fixed. One persons even told me a tech would call me yesterday (11/6) between 1 PM and 5 PM, but no one ever did. 

Would appreciate any help with this matter. 

Sincerely,

Sharon N

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: New Tivo Roamio Plus On Demand will not activate (San Francisco, CA)

Official Employee

Winterrose50 wrote:

Xfinity On Deman will not work on my TiVo 4 -tuner Roamio. I keep getting a screen telling me to contact Comcast to start this feature, as well as a list of data about the cable card everytime I try to choose a show to watch.  I have contacted Comcast twice about this matter, but no one can or won't help me get the problem fixed. One persons even told me a tech would call me yesterday (11/6) between 1 PM and 5 PM, but no one ever did. 

Would appreciate any help with this matter. 

Sincerely,

Sharon N

Agree with BruceW above. Apologies for any incorrect information you may have received.

I have asked that our national cable card team review your account and get the On Demand service working for you on your TiVO. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Sorry I have not gotten back to you sooner, but with Thanksgiving tomorrow, I've had little time to check my

comcast E-mails.  Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for forwarding my problem to the national cablecard team.  On Tuesday evening , 11/18, Jarryd called me from there and discovered the problem was that my cablecard was not paired correctly.  In fact, it was still paired to my old TiVo Premiere, which I no longer use. Within a few minutes, he had everything paired correctly to my TiVo Roamio, and now my On Demand works just fine.

Thank you for your prompt attention to my problem, and I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Sincerely,

Winterrose50

Official Employee

Winterrose50 wrote:

Sincerely,

Winterrose50

Great news! Thanks for letting me know.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.