Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Status Code 225

Contributor

This has been a continuing problem every since Comcast came out with those new little boxes for basic TV customers. At the time, I was told I needed the new boxes. Then after that they did something  weekend update, something about the new menu on the screen???

That weekend I lost half my channels. I called the on that Monday, because the channels were still not back on. After waiting a half an hour on the phone the woman was like, check your wire connection. I was like, are you serious? My house was pre-wired years ago, what do you think I got ghosts going around disconnecting my cables??? She was like well sir, everything is fine on this end, so I can have a truck go out to your house, BUT you will be charged, if it is a problem on your end! AND believe me, it will be a problem on your side. Needless to say the next day my cable was all better, guess those Gremlins must have reconnected my cables.

That was a few month back, since then every now and then, I would have those little digital squares of messed up pixels or some of the channels would black out, with the Status Code 225. But is wasn't a big deal as I really could care less about the TV. The only reason I have basic TV is because they would charge me more for my Internet service. So for a few dollar I get a few worthless channels. But this weekend started the same bs as you said, I got about 15+ channels out now, but all the other work great! Then I went to get online, nothing! My online light was off and the send light was blinking. I called and did the reset, Internet back, TV still the same.   I don't even care anymore, my neighbour got sick and tired of this continuing nonsense and moved to Verizon Fios. He said he has not had any lost of channels or digital pixels and great speeds all the time.

None of this TV stuff really matter to me, but it just aggravating to deal with such nonsense, over and over and never do they take responsiblity!

310815183616-01.jpg
310815183600-01.jpg
Contributor

UPDATE

Almost there guys come on, a little more tweaking!

When I got home today, I only have 7 channels that are still black and show the status code 225. But the others that were the same (225) are now mostly visible, digital pixels all over! But you did get the Shopping Network, Local Community Channel and some religious stations fixed. I guess those Ghosts are slowly fixing my wiring.

I had responded to some of the other members postings. I explain how this is Comcast ongoing issue and to do the search for the (225) code. Then I copied the address line of this "Xfinity" post, so that other members could quickly find it! But they removed them all, immediately, claim they were trolling posts! Do a search, you'll see their note of removal, HIDE THE TRUTH, time is running out!

Instead of using all their resources to apologize and make excuses, hiding the truth! They could have these people answering phones, fixing their outdated equipment and manning the office they keep closing! So that you will have to drive 20 or 30 miles to the nearest office.

Do you really think it will be enough? Wasting my breath, I should send Comcast a bill for my time, Fios is looking so much better!!!

Sorry, just had to give an update! What I said above is to do with the TV in the living room! Just turned the TV on in the bedroom, not as good as the living room TV. Still the funny thing is, the living room TV is almost there, but the Bedroom TV has different channels messed up, compared with the TV in the living room???

Official Employee

RikCab61 wrote:

UPDATE

Almost there guys come on, a little more tweaking!

When I got home today, I only have 7 channels that are still black and show the status code 225. But the others that were the same (225) are now mostly visible, digital pixels all over! But you did get the Shopping Network, Local Community Channel and some religious stations fixed. I guess those Ghosts are slowly fixing my wiring.

I had responded to some of the other members postings. I explain how this is Comcast ongoing issue and to do the search for the (225) code. Then I copied the address line of this "Xfinity" post, so that other members could quickly find it! But they removed them all, immediately, claim they were trolling posts! Do a search, you'll see their note of removal, HIDE THE TRUTH, time is running out!

Instead of using all their resources to apologize and make excuses, hiding the truth! They could have these people answering phones, fixing their outdated equipment and manning the office they keep closing! So that you will have to drive 20 or 30 miles to the nearest office.

Do you really think it will be enough? Wasting my breath, I should send Comcast a bill for my time, Fios is looking so much better!!!

Sorry, just had to give an update! What I said above is to do with the TV in the living room! Just turned the TV on in the bedroom, not as good as the living room TV. Still the funny thing is, the living room TV is almost there, but the Bedroom TV has different channels messed up, compared with the TV in the living room???

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

To be clear, for video issues with the TV signal like what you described above and the error message being presented, it is almost always a local signal issue, bad cable, amplifier, splitter or outside the home issue. 

The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

There is no charge for the technician visit if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Some additional background at the link below: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Pixelation-video-and-audio-dropouts-One-Moment-...

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Hi RikCab61,

That issue indicates an issue with the signal. I have sent some new signals to your boxes to try and clear that issue. If your boxes are still having the same problems, then it is recommended to have a tech come out to look this over and resolve it. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Comcast status code 225:  Solution:  unplug the box for a couple of minutes.  Plug back in.  Your problem should be solved.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation