Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Heavy pixelation and dropped audio on the golf channel

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  I've chatted with support 4x times and still not fixed.  I think it might have to do someting with the Masters Golf satellite feed.

Frequent Visitor

I've got an update.  Tech support suggested I change the video resolution of the set top box to 1080i to match the resolution of the broadcast.  I don't know yet if this is the issue or not, but I will be trying to determine to see if it is.

Problem Solver

Starting tommorrow, Thursday, March 5th, the Master's golf turnament will be on ESPN channel so make sure that channel is working. Saturday and Sunday will be on CBS. The Par3 event was on ESPN today.

I didn't notice any problems when checking in on the Golf channel here in the Twin Cities service area today.

Frequent Visitor

FYI... the suggestion of changing the set top box resolution doesn't work... pixelation and dropped audio still happening.  

I will add this... I was watching on the masters.com website today... and noticed it happening there too.  While not as bad.. it still happened.  

Problem Solver

@greg904 wrote:

FYI... the suggestion of changing the set top box resolution doesn't work... pixelation and dropped audio still happening.  

I will add this... I was watching on the masters.com website today... and noticed it happening there too.  While not as bad.. it still happened.  

You didn't mention watching the channels on streaming video. I was talking about the linear (regular) cable for viewing the channels. Your problem could be from not fast enough broadband on your home network. I can also be effected by too many people on the trunk lines in your immediate neighbor-hood, or an appartment building.

Admin1

Hi APR125 & greg904 -- I am checking in to see if you were able to get this channel working. Is it still pixelating? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm still seeing pixelation on The Golf Channel..... Channel 405.

It's only happening on 1 set top box... the XG1v4-A box.

I'm thinking about returning this box and just going back to the standard HD box. 

Frequent Visitor

retracted

Frequent Visitor

I have an update.. it's happening on all my boxes and I've been told by a Comcast tech support rep that I have a "Red" condition on my incoming signal and a technician will be coming to my home to check the signal.  Very strange it's only happening on The Golf Channel.

Admin1

greg904 -- Thanks for the update. This may be happening on other channels as well, though they may be channels you don't normally watch so you won't notice. Can you let us know the outcome of the tech job please?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation