Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Constant freezing and pixelization - Fayetteville, GA

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Same problem.  This is my second time with Comcast.  Didn't have any problems several years ago and got rid of DirecTV because of bad reception in storms.  Looks like I swapped that for continuous bad reception.  Too bad Comcast's internet is a lot faster than AT&T's.  As soon as U-verse comes to my street, I'm outta here. 

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 4

MWC1954 wrote:

Same problem.  This is my second time with Comcast.  Didn't have any problems several years ago and got rid of DirecTV because of bad reception in storms.  Looks like I swapped that for continuous bad reception.  Too bad Comcast's internet is a lot faster than AT&T's.  As soon as U-verse comes to my street, I'm outta here. 

Apologies for the issue that you described above. 

Pixelation and audio-video dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Box swaps, box refreshes and multiple box refreshes may not resolve this issue if there is an underlying local signal issue. 

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. Insist on a technician visit so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary. There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4

Related to "local or individual signal or connection issues"???  Sounds like this is a widespread problem which would indicate that either (1) a lot of "local or individual" areas or people have it or (2) you haven't read your message boards.  I really wish I'd known about this before getting the service.  As soon as AT&T gets U-verse in my neighborhood, I'm outta here.  Your troubleshooting doesn't work.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

MWC1954 wrote:

Related to "local or individual signal or connection issues"???  Sounds like this is a widespread problem which would indicate that either (1) a lot of "local or individual" areas or people have it or (2) you haven't read your message boards.  I really wish I'd known about this before getting the service.  As soon as AT&T gets U-verse in my neighborhood, I'm outta here.  Your troubleshooting doesn't work.

Apologies. A handful of individual issues in various parts of the country does not make this a widespread issue. 

We have over 35 million cable boxes deployed (not including DTAs) and yes, occasionally there are signal issues at the household level or box level (squirrels, cable cuts, bad connections, amplifiers, etc) or at the node level that need to be addressed.  

These sorts of individual issues occur with any video provider and most all are correctable.  

There is an open ticket on your account for this issue that is being reviewed and worked by our Georgia team. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon